Portable battery powered aircon

Dave_P

Featured Posts

I would say that the Bluetooth speaker and charging functions would mean that it wouldn't go straight in the bin.

My experience of portable aircon is that you are better off with a wet towel and a fan.

I would say that the Bluetooth speaker and charging functions would mean that it wouldn't go straight in the bin.

It doesn't sew on buttons, make toast or forecast the weather. How have they missed these important features off!

Richard

50 square feet...?

My 'head clearance' is just over 6 feet...so that means it could do....about 3 feet...by 3 feet...?

3x3x6= 54....

So...I would need nearly 3 units for my back cabin....

It seems a slightly odd way to state its capability, but 50 square feet is a room just over 7 ft x 7 ft - if defined as square feet it takes no account of the height.

It really should quote the capability in cubic feet to make any sense.

Edited by Tam & Di

50 square feet...?

My 'head clearance' is just over 6 feet...so that means it could do....about 3 feet...by 3 feet...?

3x3x6= 54....

So...I would need nearly 3 units for my back cabin....

That was my first thought and then felt they meant floor area. A bit pointless as the room could be 6fh high or 16 foot high.

As this is a compressor a/c then there will be as much hot air out the back as cold air out the front, so you will benefit from a high ceiling so you can have a layer of hot air at the roof and a layer of cold air low down. Unless you can dump the hot air outside of the room it is just going to give you a cool draught and a hotter room.

I can't see it being much use on a boat.

I can understand that for apartments as people are more interested in floor areas and assume the ceilings are high enough to stand up in. However cooling air is a volume thing.

It is, and to give potential investors an idea of capability, the designer is specifying the size of apartment it will cool

Richard

As this is a compressor a/c then there will be as much hot air out the back as cold air out the front, so you will benefit from a high ceiling so you can have a layer of hot air at the roof and a layer of cold air low down. Unless you can dump the hot air outside of the room it is just going to give you a cool draught and a hotter room.

I can't see it being much use on a boat.

Yup, it comes with a hose to dump the hot air outside.