"Narrowboatworld" appears to be hacked - warning

Laurence Hogg

Featured Posts

Tried to look at "Narrowboatworld" today and this came up:

This website has been reported as unsafe

www.narrowboatworld.com

We recommend that you do not continue to this website. It has been reported to Microsoft for containing threats to your computer that might reveal personal or financial information.

Go to my home page instead

More information

This website has been reported to contain the following threats:

• Malicious software threat: This site contains links to viruses or other software programs that can reveal personal information stored or typed on your computer to malicious persons.

Microsoft SmartScreen

I ran Zulu, a URL risk analyser, and it shows that the home page has a link to a malicious site. The site linked has the highest rating for malice. Only visit if you are confident in your antivirus antimalware protection.

From the adverts possibly?

I went over to this site to have a look. What a load of tosh.

A good example is a rubbish piece speculating on the recent fatality involving what they assert was a rudder stuck in the gates. Ok may well be true but then went on to say how you should mitigate by positioning your boat correctly in the lock. No mention that a proper rear fender would reduce if not eliminate the risk.

Edited by mark99