Leisure Mooring Advice

Greylady2

Featured Posts

I've read that a prostate examination is now done digitally, apparently.

Pleasing to hear as I believe they used to do it by sticking a finger up yer arse...

ninja.gif

But now they have a robotic rectum:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/07/04/robotic-rectum-developed-to-help-doctors-get-to-bottom-of-prosta/

Woosh!!!!

A bloody good reason to go off topic if ever their was one. ☺

Keep safe all, i get up for a wee every night but i think that happens to a lot of us over 40.

Edited by Greylady2

A bloody good reason to go off topic if ever their was one. ☺

Keep safe all, i get up for a wee every night but i think that happens to a lot of us over 40.

Not hit 40 yet, too much falling down water will have me up in the night these days.

No problem if I keep off the pop though.

Men's health issues don't get anywhere near the exposure they should, things like movember help, I did it a in 2013 and raised a few quid at the expense of looking daft for a bit - did it along with Dylan Hartley and Northampton saints Front Mo Union, collectively we ended up the 13th highest fund raisers in the world for the 2013 campaign :cheers:

https://ca.movember.com/news/8033/mo-bro-hero-dylan-hartley/

• Greenie 1

Not hit 40 yet, too much falling down water will have me up in the night these days.

No problem if I keep off the pop though.

Men's health issues don't get anywhere near the exposure they should, things like movember help, I did it a in 2013 and raised a few quid at the expense of looking daft for a bit - did it along with Dylan Hartley and Northampton saints Front Mo Union, collectively we ended up the 13th highest fund raisers in the world for the 2013 campaign :cheers:https://ca.movember.com/news/8033/mo-bro-hero-dylan-hartley/

Thats an awesome achievement gazza good on you and everyone else involved

Respect....

Cheers ☺

Edited by Greylady2

Thats an awesome achievement gazza good on you and everyone else involved

Respect....

Cheers ☺

It was good fun, glad I took part.

During that movember I met Dylan at a home game against Newcastle, he was sidelined with a nasty chest injury picked up during the Autumn Internationals, he and a load of the other Saints lads raided their playing kit and set up a stall selling it off.

My and my mates lad got there early and had a great chat with him, a more friendly, softly spoken and thoughtful guy you would be hard pressed to find. Forget the image the media have portrayed of him, sound guy that has done a huge amount for our local community too.

It was good fun, glad I took part.

During that movember I met Dylan at a home game against Newcastle, he was sidelined with a nasty chest injury picked up during the Autumn Internationals, he and a load of the other Saints lads raided their playing kit and set up a stall selling it off.

My and my mates lad got there early and had a great chat with him, a more friendly, softly spoken and thoughtful guy you would be hard pressed to find. Forget the image the media have portrayed of him, sound guy that has done a huge amount for our local community too.

That sounds like a lovely day, i guess we all dont know how nice people really are untill we have a good natter to em or see them how they are in the real.

good stuff

Edited by Greylady2

Err a finger is a digit...

Looks my hysterically amusing joke passed you by then!

I'll try another:

A bloke is about to have a prostate examination and the pretty Thai doctor says "Now just to warn you, this digital examination is very personal and can result in an erection".

Bloke responds with "Oh I can assure you I'm very nervous and won't be having an erection."

Pretty Thai doctor says "No not you, ME!"

:D :D :D

I'll try another:

A bloke is about to have a prostate examination and the pretty Thai doctor says "Now just to warn you, this digital examination is very personal and can result in an erection".

Bloke responds with "Oh I can assure you I'm very nervous and won't be having an erection."

☺☺

We went to see the mooring its definitely not for us, the thread has been helpfull for future reference though.

Where in the country would you like to find a mooring, and what are you looking for in a mooring (and possibly what was it about this mooring that said "not for me")

The collective wisdom may be offer some pointers to suitable moorings!

Where in the country would you like to find a mooring, and what are you looking for in a mooring (and possibly what was it about this mooring that said "not for me")

The collective wisdom may be offer some pointers to suitable moorings!

Hi Dave, we would like a mooring around the Northwich area but that was not for us, after taking a look the other day it was too near a scrap yard and a salt works plus it was a tow path mud bath potentially.

We were thinking of bidding on bugsworth but its a very grey gloomy place in the winter.

You asked what we are looking for Dave, well being honest no place to settle permanently but an online mooring on a towpath we know or hope will be empty once we come back from cruising and a safe place to leave the boat when i go to see my family.

We like to move but on the odd occassion we may like to just do nothing for a month and chillax.

Cheers

Hi Dave, we would like a mooring around the Northwich area but that was not for us, after taking a look the other day it was too near a scrap yard and a salt works plus it was a tow path mud bath potentially.

We were thinking of bidding on bugsworth but its a very grey gloomy place in the winter.

You asked what we are looking for Dave, well being honest no place to settle permanently but an online mooring on a towpath we know or hope will be empty once we come back from cruising and a safe place to leave the boat when i go to see my family.

We like to move but on the odd occassion we may like to just do nothing for a month and chillax.

Cheers

Well, as Bugsworth and Northwich are a fair way apart, and there are lots of nice bits of canal in between;

Not sure if you specifically want towpath side, or if you would be happy with online on the offside.

Middlewich has some long term CRT moorings on the offside above Kings Lock. Not as industrial as what you looked at, but the road runs parallel to the canal here.

Barbridge, extensive moorings both sides on the Middlewich Branch, fairly rural location.

Kidsgrove, either between The junction with the Macc and Harecastle or on the first part of the Macc at Red Bull (both offside)

Bosley top lock, Towpath side. Well surfaced moorings, and a handy sani station. This one could tick all the boxes for you!

A number of offside farm moorings along the upper pound of the Macc between Bosley and High Lane

New Mills Towpath Moorings

I won't suggest Whaley Bridge, as in my view that is even greyer than Bugsworth in the winter!

Well, as Bugsworth and Northwich are a fair way apart, and there are lots of nice bits of canal in between;

Not sure if you specifically want towpath side, or if you would be happy with online on the offside.

Middlewich has some long term CRT moorings on the offside above Kings Lock. Not as industrial as what you looked at, but the road runs parallel to the canal here.

Barbridge, extensive moorings both sides on the Middlewich Branch, fairly rural location.

Kidsgrove, either between The junction with the Macc and Harecastle or on the first part of the Macc at Red Bull (both offside)

Bosley top lock, Towpath side. Well surfaced moorings, and a handy sani station. This one could tick all the boxes for you!

A number of offside farm moorings along the upper pound of the Macc between Bosley and High Lane

New Mills Towpath Moorings

I won't suggest Whaley Bridge, as in my view that is even greyer than Bugsworth in the winter!

Thanks for listing a few options Dave, we would like to be on the towpath side or somwhere like bugsworth basin or whaley bridge which is lovely in summer but like you say depressingly grey in the winter.

Crt does not have many others going at the moment and ive never seen Bosley Locks as yet but that sounds really interesting, ive just noticed it has boat services too (even better).

Cheers

Edited by Greylady2

Looks really nice dave.

It is!

Towpath is in good condition. Nice and rural, but civilisation within walking distance, and space to park on the road by the lock.

No vacancies at present, but worth watching for them.

I'll try another:

Politically incorrect on so many levels - great! :lol:

I am a bit late to this thread and have not read all of it bit I thought I should add a pearl of wisdom.

Facetious is a word which has all the vowels in the right order !

Very unusual

(Meant to quote a much earlier post but didn't work for some reason :banghead: )