Now we know why they cost so much!

George94

Featured Posts

I don't recall anybody drawing attention to this when it was announced, but Eberspacher and Webasto have been naughty boys:

http://europe.autonews.com/article/20150617/ANE/150619872/eberspaecher-fined-68-million-euros-over-parking-heater-cartel

I am afraid these Germans do seem rather prone to being naughty.

Edited by George94

I don't recall anybody drawing attention to this when it was announced, but Eberspacher and Webasto have been naughty boys:

http://europe.autonews.com/article/20150617/ANE/150619872/eberspaecher-fined-68-million-euros-over-parking-heater-cartel

I am afraid these Germans do seem rather prone to being naughty.

They were particularly 'naughty' a couple of times last century.

• Greenie 1

Amusing the way each of them tries to stiff the other over this!

"Webasto avoided a potential fine of 222 million euros because it revealed the existence of the cartel. Eberspaecher benefited from reductions due to its cooperation with the investigation and its agreement to settle with the Commission."

It should be noted that this applies to OEM supply and not our retail end of the market, if VAG or BMW request a quotation for several thousand units it is a very different market sector where even a Euro or less would make a difference. They fight each other very hard indeed in the retail market and especially our part of the retail sector (marine) where we are the "poor relation". Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if people like VAG & BMW knew about it. Still not Cricket though, very poor show and as part of the dealer network it leaves a bat taste in my mouth.

Edited by NMEA

If you or I do something wrong the ruling elite/ bureaucracy decide and implement our punishment, no negotiation! If big business do something wrong, be it non payment of tax or whatever, then different rules apply. Equal justice and fairness don't come into it. Are we ever likely to get someone to vote for who will stand against state/ corporate stitch-ups?

Sorry about the rant but this sort of thing really gets up my nose. Got it off my chest and will say no more.

If you or I do something wrong the ruling elite/ bureaucracy decide and implement our punishment, no negotiation! If big business do something wrong, be it non payment of tax or whatever, then different rules apply. Equal justice and fairness don't come into it. Are we ever likely to get someone to vote for who will stand against state/ corporate stitch-ups?

Sorry about the rant but this sort of thing really gets up my nose. Got it off my chest and will say no more.

If you have a lot of money they call you 'sir'.

If you owe and can not pay a bit of money they call you 'reckless', sell your house and throw you onto the streets.

If you owe billions and can not pay, they call you 'sir', cover your debts for you and pay you a bonus.

Strange world isn't it?

If you have a lot of money they call you 'sir'.

If you owe and can not pay a bit of money they call you 'reckless', sell your house and throw you onto the streets.

If you owe billions and can not pay, they call you 'sir', cover your debts for you and pay you a bonus.

Strange world isn't it?

Back in the day they used to say...

"Owe the bank a thousand pounds and can't pay? You have a serious problem. Owe the bank a million pounds and can't pay? The bank has a serious problem."

Still true, if you multiply the values by ten!

I wonder who gets the money if it's a fine, and not compensation? Presumably none of it will find its way to the ripped off buyers of the heaters?

The fine will be paid to the German government, where it will help to raise the standard of living in Germany, at the expense of other countries whose citizens bought the things.

So it's heads they win, and tails we lose.