Manchester's Serial Killer

Henhouse

Featured Posts

Programme tonight on Channel 4 at 11pm about the remains of 80 people found in Greater Manchester's Canals over the last six years.

I seem to remember this subject having been discussed here previously.

Canals and rivers etc. I believe slightly less than average for similar areas.

A fair number end up in the water around here, Mainly down to driving far to fast and then failing to take the bend and drive in to the water and often drown. But then the Camb's Times unlike the M.E.N not claiming someone is pushing them in. Most common place for a car going in, Is at 'Bedlam Bridge' on the Sixteen Foot.

it was just full of the manchester bodies clearly something has happened

Yes, people get pissed on Canal Street, walk out of the bar and fall into the canal. They go swimming in mill ponds and drown. They fall into rivers and drown.

The whole thing is the press scaremongering.

In the closing section, the ex copper said that, if someone was pushing people into the canal, there would be no way to be certain that they would die, so there would be some survivors, some of whom would complain to the police that they had been pushed into the canal. There haven't been any such complaints.

I fell into the Bridgewater at Stretford a year ago. It was freezing and I thought I might die, but managed to scramble out. It crossed my mind that I might become a statistic relayed to the supposed serial killer.

In the closing section, the ex copper said that, if someone was pushing people into the canal, there would be no way to be certain that they would die, so there would be some survivors, some of whom would complain to the police that they had been pushed into the canal. There haven't been any such complaints.

Depends on the modus operandi of "the pusher". If he held them under they wouldn't survive. The ex-rozzer also said it was likely that some of those 85 weren't accidental deaths. And there was no reasonable explanation given in the programme on why the number of deaths is so much higher than an equivalent city with extensive waterways such as Birmingham.

Edited by blackrose

Depends on the modus operandi of "the pusher". If he held them under they wouldn't survive. The ex-rozzer also said it was likely that some of those 85 weren't accidental deaths. And there was no reasonable explanation given in the programme on why the number of deaths is so much higher than an equivalent city with extensive waterways such as Birmingham.

But nobody, as far as I know, has asked the police in the midlands for the number of deaths by drowning.

Also targeting young men worse for wear to one degree or another makes it less likely they'll get themselves out.

If you saw some of the sites were men drowned you would see that there would be very little chance of any killer holding them under getting out alive.

But nobody, as far as I know, has asked the police in the midlands for the number of deaths by drowning.

If you saw some of the sites were men drowned you would see that there would be very little chance of any killer holding them under getting out alive.

sorry john i think we will have to rename manchester to something more appropriate come on team

But you aren't comparing city with city. Greater manchester is a county, not a city. 243 square miles with a population of 2.7 million and 175 miles of water courses plus countless mill ponds and flooded pits and quarries.

Even if you accept the figure of 85, over eight years that is nothing and certainly no case to get in a froth.

In the same eight years there have been 11 deaths by drowning in canals and rivers in the city of Manchester.

• Greenie 1

But you aren't comparing city with city. Greater manchester is a county, not a city. 243 square miles with a population of 2.7 million and 175 miles of water courses plus countless mill ponds and flooded pits and quarries.

Even if you accept the figure of 85, over eight years that is nothing and certainly no case to get in a froth.

In the same eight years there have been 11 deaths by drowning in canals and rivers in the city of Manchester.

Don't often agree with you, John, but I am 100% with you on this one.

It is just a rag of a newspaper trying to sell more with a totally invented story.

George ex nb Alton retired

Don't often agree with you, John, but I am 100% with you on this one.

It is just a rag of a newspaper trying to sell more with a totally invented story.

George ex nb Alton retired

Don't worry George, you're not agreeing with me, just the facts that I've repeated biggrin.png