boat folk

paulstoke1975

Featured Posts

ive have been living aboard now for 4 months and find it really amusing whenever i meet someone new while im out i can guarantee that whoever im with at the time feels the need to mention within the first minute that i live on a boat,

i don't think when i finish work im going to the boat (im just going home)

next time i go pub out im thinking of telling everyone my mate lives in rented accommodation in a crap area just to see his reaction frusty.gif

Yes. Too true. I just go "home". A little steel box in the middle of nowhere is "home" - Home is where my boat is..................

When a friend I'd been visiting over the weekend (lovely house and garden but I couldn't quite settle there for numerous reasons)kindly dropped me off they spent a good ten minutes walking the towpath wondering at the peace and space and the birds and ...........

Love going "home"

SSSSSShhhhhhhh- don't tell them all ................

Edited by metanoia

ive have been living aboard now for 4 months and find it really amusing whenever i meet someone new while im out i can guarantee that whoever im with at the time feels the need to mention within the first minute that i live on a boat,

i don't think when i finish work im going to the boat (im just going home)

next time i go pub out im thinking of telling everyone my mate lives in rented accommodation in a crap area just to see his reaction frusty.gif

Still happening after six years. wink.png

"Look Mum, they've got cornflakes too!" as a passing child exclaimed in a voice of wonder.

We have a top box that is quite large. When new it was very nicely varnish (painted now) and shiny. I heard a little boy ask his mum "is that a coffin,mummy?" We chuckled.