Amazing Spaces Episode 9: Floating Homes

GreyLady

Featured Posts

Some clever ideas and use of space. Liked the wardrobe under the bed concept. However still looked like a shipping container on a raft from the outside...........

Hmm...but having to remake your bed just to change your shoes? ...and any enthusiastic turning over in the night might mean a sudden drop!

Priory Marina, Bedfordshire it said. Surprised they allowed it.

I did feel sorry for anybody mooring behind it.

My opinion ... it looked what it was .... a floating container! (albeit covered in plastic grass)

I would be very upset if someone put that next to me.

The gimmicks were just that .. gimmicks.

Does anyone else think his clothes would go mouldy in there?

I am residential in a BWML marina and cant even have a 'proper' shed perhaps they would let me have an arctic container instead :-)

Wasn't it lucky they cut the wall out of the container and it just happened to be the same level as Georges suggestion to raise the floor a week later.

Also he paid 2 grand for a container and one and a half to have it delivered only to spend a lot of time cutting, framing and strengthening it. I wonder how that would compare with a new build?

Priory Marina is OK, don't know I'd want to pay best part of 5k for the privilege of living there in a shipping container though. The wee cottage he had looked way more appealing.

The pub next door is mediocre, The Barns up the road is ok though.

About a 15 min walk into town and a Tesco reasonably close by.

Each to their own though.

Edited by gazza

My opinion ... it looked what it was .... a floating container! (albeit covered in plastic grass)

I would be very upset if someone put that next to me.

The gimmicks were just that .. gimmicks.

Does anyone else think his clothes would go mouldy in there?

I am residential in a BWML marina and cant even have a 'proper' shed perhaps they would let me have an arctic container instead :-)

Some of the ressi moorers at Priory which is a BWML have small sheds up the perimeter access road.