tiled dog area

plumby

Featured Posts

Some people would say wet rooms are not a great idea on a boat.

Whilst you wash the dog will you be in the wet room too, getting your feet all wet?, or will you be outside sort of reaching in??

The dog drying bags really are very good, I would say almost essential on a boat.

Our shower is a hip bath with shower over, perhaps not as trendy as a flash glass cubicle, but absolutely brilliant for dog washing . There are a lot of "interesting" smells on the towpath that a dog just loves to roll in so a good dog washing facility is essential.

...............Dave

if i wear my wellies all will be good, thank you for your post, appreciated

I wash our dog on the front deck of the boat. It is also self draining, so doesn't need a pump.

I am considering putting a hose point so I can conect a bit of hose with a shower rose on for spraying the dog.

No need for a wet room.

^^ this. Although we don't have dogs, I immediately thought of a deck shower, like some yachts have, in the well deck at the front, which is already self draining. Dog jumps on, rinse dog with shower fitting, towel dry dog, allow dog into boat then rinse your boots etc.

I wash our dog on the front deck of the boat. It is also self draining, so doesn't need a pump.

I am considering putting a hose point so I can conect a bit of hose with a shower rose on for spraying the dog.

No need for a wet room.

Great idea but make sure its guarded against frost.

I have a battery/12v shower that came from a camping shop for around £20. I drop the pump either in a bucket or the canal and wash them off outside. Unless they really stink and then they go into the shower. My guys have tons of hair and the gulper is still going 5 years later.

In my refit i will do, i am going to have a small wet room type area all tiled with a floor drain and pump connected to that, what i am carefully asking is that is it acceptable and environmentally friendly to discharge this water into the canal, as it will only be used for washing mud off dogs and wellies etc,and no chemicals to be used just water on a shower head,

the reason is to stop in the influx of dirt into the clean living areas of the boat, especially in the winter (i am going to be CC),

If your boat has a bow well deck with a self draining deck, then this is probably the best place to wash mud off dogs and wellies. But you'll have to wash the area off afterwards. Doing it inside the boat sounds like a bad idea to me.

We have a 'deck wash' which can be used for dogs, humans, wellies or whatever.

To save valuable potable water it is supplied via the River / Canal.

A thru hull fitting (below the water line)

An 11 litre / min pump

A Hozelock fitting thru to the rear deck.

A dedicated length of 'dirty water' hose.

The pipe to pump fittings are simple Jabsco 'push fit' with a locking collar, meaning that it is very quick to disconnect and attach another hose and then you have an 'emergency' (extra) bilge pump