CRT v Andy Wingfield Update

cotswoldsman

Featured Posts

Given the strength of the alternative defence and that they lost, if not corrupt it was pretty stupid.

Buit it isn't stupidity that is being painted.

The message is that Andy said "settle", and they ignored him.

If what actually happened is he said "settle" and they said "we wouldn't advise that course", and he accepted that advice, then it is different, and NOT the picture that Tony is painting.

Buit it isn't stupidity that is being painted.

The message is that Andy said "settle", and they ignored him.

If what actually happened is he said "settle" and they said "we wouldn't advise that course", and he accepted that advice, then it is different, and NOT the picture that Tony is painting.

Would you like me to PM my Post to you, or would you prefer to remain blissfully unaware of the contents and free continue with your ill-informed speculation?

• Greenie 1

You've got hold completely of the wrong end the stick here.

The 'confidential settlement' was the outcome from last years trial which was halted by C&RT.

The outcome of last Thursdays proceedings was an Order for Andy W to remove his boat from C&RT waters. Simple as that !

Would you like me to PM you a copy of my Post ?

Yes please Tony. Having twice been a victim of poor advice from the legal profession I'm really shy our legal system.

Cheers, Bob

All of which matters not a jot. Andy has to now remove his boat from CRT waters regardless of whether it was incompetence or corruption.

Does he?

If he's on the Trent, in Nottingham, outside the "Main Channel" is that C&RT water?

Bod

I am trying to understand and this is a question with no hidden meaning or agenda.

If Andy has to remove his boat from C&RT waters, if he moves outside of the navigable channel on the Trent (which C&RT have in the past accepted / agreed is not within their powers) is that 'off C&RT waters' and thus complying ?

ETA - great fingers think alike but some are a few seconds slower than others.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

Does he?

If he's on the Trent, in Nottingham, outside the "Main Channel" is that C&RT water?

Bod

I suspect that the answer may be "yes".

Whilst there is an argument as to where a licence is required, this has now gone beyond a question of needing a licence, and has progressed to CRT obtaining an injunction.

That injunction may well be in terms that force him to remove it from their waters, even if that part of the water requires no licence.

Lol

OK, to state it more emphatically;

In previous cases where BW/CRT have sought an injunction in a liveaboard case, the effect of that injunction is to forbid the boater from bringing the boat back to waters controlled by BW/CRT, not to prevent it being brought back to areas of those waters where a licence is required.

Until CRT publish the order, we won't know, but it is unlikely that the order will be different.

I suspect that the answer may be "yes".

Whilst there is an argument as to where a licence is required, this has now gone beyond a question of needing a licence, and has progressed to CRT obtaining an injunction.

That injunction may well be in terms that force him to remove it from their waters, even if that part of the water requires no licence.

This seems like unnecessary speculation that could cause distress.

Or are you reporting that CRT have obtained such an injunction?

This seems like unnecessary speculation that could cause distress.

Or are you reporting that CRT have obtained such an injunction?

If you review the injunctions that CRT have previously obtained, they are boilerplate.

As the only person that this might cause distress to will have a copy of the order, and will be aware of the content, then my speculation about such an injunction can have no impact.

You've got hold completely of the wrong end the stick here.

The 'confidential settlement' was the outcome from last years trial which was halted by C&RT.

The outcome of last Thursdays proceedings was an Order for Andy W to remove his boat from C&RT waters. Simple as that !

Would you like me to PM you a copy of my Post ?

I deliberately said 'may' as I was trying to indicate that - at least in the public domain - we do not know the details of what happened, unless one caught your post whilst here temporarily (which I did not!) Unless I have missed something. PM please

I think the way it works is that you plead incompetance to avoid getting put away for corruption...

Used to be said, "Do you want to be known as a fool or a knave?"

Will he have time to do that before he has to remove his boat or it is removed for him?

As I understand it, if an appeal process is available, it would be up to the appellant to seek a stay of execution pending appeal.

Edited by Mike Todd