immunity to CRT enforcement?

magnetman

Featured Posts

Dodgy ground !!!

They have allegedly given up their mooring, if they have not notified C&RT of their change in 'circumstances' they have broken their licence conditions and, could have their licence revoked.

According to the guy I have spoken too (Deputy warden? in the marina - so in a position to know), they have certainly given up their mooring but retained the services key. They are not CRT services but belong to the marina. When they terminated their mooring contract they were asked to return their services key but failed to do so. Preferring, instead, to park their boat 20m from the marina entrance and continuing to use the marina services.

It may be that they made an agreement with CRT that they could stay there till they sold their boat - they are just taking a long time to sell it.

Understandably I think there is much gnashing of teeth from marina residents who still have to pay several thousands of pounds a year to use those same services

It might be that BWML was not agreeable to the boat being sold privately in the marina and the owner has taken it just outside to sell it.

I don't know. Is Apsley a BWML marina?

They have ostensibly moored there to sell the boat. They have had a "for sale" sign professionally made which includes tempting photos of the interior and inviting people to make appointments (I think its appointment only) to view.

Certainly that spot, where a lot of people pass by for various reasons, is a far better place to sell a boat than inside the marina.

I don't know. Is Apsley a BWML marina?

They have ostensibly moored there to sell the boat. They have had a "for sale" sign professionally made which includes tempting photos of the interior and inviting people to make appointments (I think its appointment only) to view.

Certainly that spot, where a lot of people pass by for various reasons, is a far better place to sell a boat than inside the marina.

Yes

That suggests he has moved to circumvent paying brokerage costs too. I seem to recall when we moored in a BWML marina there was a stipulation in our T&C's that we couldn't sell the boat from the marina mooring unless it was brokered through BWML brokerage services.

(happy to be corrected if I have got that wrong but I think it's fairly std.)

Edited by MJG

Yes

That suggests he has moved to circumvent paying brokerage costs too. I seem to recall when we moored in a BWML marina there was a stipulation in our T&C's that we couldn't sell the boat from the marina mooring unless it was brokered through BWML brokerage services.

(happy to be corrected if I have got that wrong but I think it's fairly std.)

Correct.

When we sold our NB we cancelled the mooring from a certain date, and the buyer took a mooring (they requested the same mooring and got it) from the same date as we cancelled). We took the boat out of the marina a mile to the visitors moorings, received payment and they took ownership and motored back to their new mooring.

The bigger point is the suggestion somebody is mooring contrary to their licence conditions with no reasonable reason but with the full knowledge and consent of (somebody at) CRT.

That if true is what I find contemptible.

Got a phone? Give CRT a call, and report back to us what they say.

This would be the pale grey widebeam on the southern side? The marina claims it is their land, and charge 10 Pounds/night if you stay there for more than 72 hours.

. I,m afraid it's how the world works Martin, have you never heard the saying, it's not what you know,it's who you know, you would probably be better off saving your contempt for some of the bigger issue,s in life as this sort of thing gets worse the closer to the top of society you get, I mean someone gave Jimmy saville the keys to broadmoor, I think that's slightly more contemptible, than someone turning a blind I to an overstaying boat,

Are you suggesting then that when I was stopped by the Police because they didn't like the spacing of the letters on my number plate I should have dismissed them because somebody was flying planes into buildings in New York?

Got a phone? Give CRT a call, and report back to us what they say.

I am pretty sure there are people much more directly affected by this that have already done that. Besides if correct it's an issue for the conscience of the boater concerned and whoever at CRT, I have no interest in dropping someone in it as if they are doing wrong they know this and should act to resolve it them selves.

This would be the pale grey widebeam on the southern side? The marina claims it is their land, and charge 10 Pounds/night if you stay there for more than 72 hours.

No. Its on the north side of the entrance to the Marina, next to the marina services, and is a dark blue boat if I remember rightly

You really should refrain from making "nasty" comments. If you don't like them being made about you. This is the second snide comment you have made about me in two days.

Regards kris

Do you want me to quote the one in the other thread. Wouldn't it be more honest to start a thread and we can discuss it.

CBA

Edited by Graham Davis
  • Greenie 2

CBA

Perhaps you would do well to refrain from your ever increasing snipe remarks. It's getting quite tedious, seeing your never ending attempts at one upmanship.

No. Its on the north side of the entrance to the Marina, next to the marina services, and is a dark blue boat if I remember rightly

Which apsley marina are you talking about, the one in Hemel Hempstead?

There was a boat moored on the towpath for several months on the southern oxford earlier this year. It had an official CRT notice displayed in the window stating permission had been given for an extended overstay.

Something I didn't realise CRT do. I don't suppose this boat is displaying such a notice?

There was one on the K&A at Newbury last month, the lady living on the boat was blind and had just lost her husband. C&RT not only put the notice on the boat they created a reserved mooring on the 24 hour mooring above Newbury lock until she could resolve her circumstances.

Ken

There was one on the K&A at Newbury last month, the lady living on the boat was blind and had just lost her husband. C&RT not only put the notice on the boat they created a reserved mooring on the 24 hour mooring above Newbury lock until she could resolve her circumstances.

Ken

That's very decent of them. All credit to CRT for that.

Ok. Boat name begins with e?

Am flippin amazed if that boat is still there. It was in the same place all winter.

Thats the one

So it has been there months rather than weeks

Perhaps you would do well to refrain from your ever increasing snipe remarks. It's getting quite tedious, seeing your never ending attempts at one upmanship.

Which apsley marina are you talking about, the one in Hemel Hempstead?

We like to think we are in Apsley which is near but not of Hemel Hempstead tongue.png

Thats the one

So it has been there months rather than weeks

Been there since last November. What a joke.

There was another, a narrowboat, doing exactly the same. It's Phil Brogans patch, (who is generally on the ball). His supervisor is Peter Palmer (who before being promoted, told many that 3 borough's was a sufficient cc).

What are you on about?

I suggest that if you think I have broken any of the Forum Rules with any of my postings then you refer the matter to the Mods of this Forum for them to make a decision. You are not an arbitrator!!

What are you on about?

I suggest that if you think I have broken any of the Forum Rules with any of my postings then you refer the matter to the Mods of this Forum for them to make a decision. You are not an arbitrator!!

No, I'm not an arbitrator, but it's a forum, and I can voice my opinion. I don't need the mods to justify it.

My original post stands.

No, I'm not an arbitrator, but it's a forum, and I can voice my opinion. I don't need the mods to justify it.

My original post stands.

Likewise, I can voice my opinion on any thread i feel like, without your permission.

Perhaps you need to reread the Forum Rules about personal attacks and inappropriate comments and reconsider some of your recent replies.