Marinas are the real slums

kris88

Featured Posts

Exactly ghettos of underused boats, rusting away why would you want to live in one.

I see the same as I move around the country Caravans on the water, unloved boats or lazy owners.

All boats rust the rate of this depends on preventative measures taken.

Life in a marina can be sociable as can life on online moorings or in groups of continuous cruisers or Continuous moorers.

All are ghettos of like minded people and can be escaped by mooring in isolation.

I see the same as I move around the country Caravans on the water, unloved boats or lazy owners.

All boats rust the rate of this depends on preventative measures taken.

Life in a marina can be sociable as can life on online moorings or in groups of continuous cruisers or Continuous moorers.

All are ghettos of like minded people and can be escaped by mooring in isolation.

Sea Otters and GRP boats do not rust.

Fact.

Why display an out of date licence, if not to mislead?

Another intelligent insightful post

Regards kris

Have none of you amateur detectives bothered checking on line if the boat is liscenced.

No you would rather spread you assptions and preducices.

Regards kris

Edited by kris88

I agree Betty about the general photo, the close up of the liscence I find creepy. The posting it with the wrong assumption of not being liscenced,is offensive.

Regards kris

I have to agree with kriss on this one.

Out of date, but only by a small margin. 8 days. I suppose I should take my by-8-days out of date licence out of my window. CBA to switch the printer on and print the new one out. When it's in the window, it's only going to last a short while before the bubblejet ink runs. I'm thinking of colouring that part that used to be coloured. In a short while it isn't going to look like a licence. Haven't got a laminator. Am I making a mountain out of a molehill?

Maybe you should look it up on line, it's not a requirement to show a paper liscence anymore. Don't you know.

You seem to have done some private eyeing, close up photograhphy. You should have knocked I might have made you a cup of tea.

I'm not sure what I think about posting a picture of sombyelses boat on the internet without there permission.

Nothing you can do about it. It just happens.

Junior posted a picture of my boat and house then Matty40's completed it with a photo of the wife, new dog and me. Am I bothered - no.

I quite like to see photos of other CDWF members and their boats, helps me to recognize them at banters :)

Another intelligent insightful post

Regards kris

Have none of you amateur detectives bothered checking on line if the boat is liscenced.

No you would rather spread you assptions and preducices.

Regards kris

Well as it happens yes I did - but I didn't mention it for fear you would start complaining about that too.

And yes it's licensed.

So what? - I don't actually think anybody suggested other wise did they? Anybody with half a brain cell knows there are many reasons why a valid licence may not be being displayed, we often went for a while not displaying ours.

Not quite

He wasn't in a marina last weekend.

Have CRT accepted your 12 month licence renewal yet Kris?

Well done for posting the photo of the boat. From correspondence in previous threads, I had this imaginary picture of a decaying, tarpaulin-draped aquatic heap. The photo shows a good-looking boat which has obviously had some time and effort expended on its upkeep and/or renovation. Thanks for correcting my preconceptions.

You're a doppelgänger

Is that German for a person who has two boats?

I'm not sure what I think about posting a picture of somebody else's boat on the internet without their permission.

Perhaps this would happen less often if you kept the boat somewhere less conspicuous, where it would be harder for photographers to see. May I suggest a large marina?

Given all the social media about intolerance towards boaters- I find it saddening to see people displaying intolerance to other boaters within the boating community.

Does it really matter where people moor, everyone has different needs. I have elderly boating friends who find it difficult to handle their boat and don't want to leave their boating life and a Marina is a compromise that works for them. Is it really fair to call them slum dwellers or ghetto dwellers. It might not be what you want but Kriss show some tolerance and hope you don't find yourself in their situation

From anybody you'd like to hide a boat from silly.

Regards kris

Well, it won't be from the only authority that could cause you problems. You can't stop other people taking photos, and, you won't necessarily avoid curtain twitchers.

Edited by Higgs