Marinas are the real slums

kris88

Featured Posts

Maybe you should look it up on line, it's not a requirement to show a paper liscence anymore. Don't you know.

You seem to have done some private eyeing, close up photograhphy. You should have knocked I might have made you a cup of tea.

I'm not sure what I think about posting a picture of sombyelses boat on the internet without there permission.

There is a whole section of the forum devoted to posting 'pictures of other members boats'.

A few people posted pictures in it of the boat we used to own, no body asked (or as far as I know needed) permission to do so.

There is a whole section of the forum devoted to posting 'pictures of other members boats'.

A few people posted pictures in it of the boat we used to own, no body asked (or as far as I know needed) permission to do so.

True, but a tad different posting a picture of a boat in passing, and a close up of a license, do you not agree that the latter is a little bit intrusive, and not the sort of random photo of boat belonging to CWDF that has been posted in the mentioned section.

Jerry

I thought the whole point of owning boats, was we are all different?? Having cc'ed for years, lived on a pontoon in a busy marina(full of junk) and now in a rural spot on mooring with garden, birds, cows etc, each has its good and bad points and was chosen for my needs at the time. But just as I wouldn't condemn how one person uses their boat, it's not really anyone else's business where I moor mine.

Currently sat with cuppa in sunshine!

Not quite

He wasn't in a marina last weekend.

Have CRT accepted your 12 month licence renewal yet Kris?

Do you feel a hero now?

Very tacky.

I think it's very evident that the context with which these pictures were taken, is for want of a better word, perverted.

True, but a tad different posting a picture of a boat in passing, and a close up of a license, do you not agree that the latter is a little bit intrusive, and not the sort of random photo of boat belonging to CWDF that has been posted in the mentioned section.

Jerry

I don't know if the pic. wasn't taken as part of a 'random passing' though?

(though yes not sure of the relevance of the licence pic.)

Completely wrong as we'll, I think he should check his facts before posting. I don't appreciate him posting pictures of my liscence or boat on the internet.

Regards kris

I am not sure why? people took pics. of us occasionally.

MartinClark's pic. of our old boat on it's mooring.

doghouse.jpg

If it bothers you ask the mods. or the poster to take it down.

He's had ample time to remove or edit, his incorrect post.

Regards kris

Indeed - however as I said if it bothers you report the post and ask the mods. to take it down, otherwise just by leaving it without doing so to me just shows you aren't really that bothered about it staying up.

Maybe you should look it up on line, it's not a requirement to show a paper liscence anymore. Don't you know.

You seem to have done some private eyeing, close up photograhphy. You should have knocked I might have made you a cup of tea.

I'm not sure what I think about posting a picture of sombyelses boat on the internet without there permission.

Don't think that's quite true- when we relicensed in April we were told we still had to display the licence- we had to print it off or CRT would send a copy- either way we had to display it

I kinda of realise that I live in a public place, it's the close up nature of the photo of the liscence that I find strange.

Regards kris

Looking at the pic on my phone I can't tell whose license it is, looks like every other license albeit out of date.

Phil

Looking at the pic on my phone I can't tell whose license it is, looks like every other license albeit out of date.

Phil

On a PC if you click on it it enlarges sufficiently to be able to read both the boat name and the index number.

Kriss If you object to all the attention you are getting perhaps it would be an idea not to post such provocative topics?

So I asked for someone to spy on me and post the incorrect assumption on the internet. Is that what your saying?

Regards kris

Edited by kris88

Kriss If you object to all the attention you are getting perhaps it would be an idea not to post such provocative topics?

I don't think that's really the point. I find it quite obtrusive, and frankly weird that someone from this forum has gone out of his way to take those pictures, and then maliciously present them on a forum.

Quite disgusting in my view, and merely shows how bad this forum is becoming.

• Greenie 1

Don't think that's quite true- when we relicensed in April we were told we still had to display the licence- we had to print it off or CRT would send a copy- either way we had to display it

True - under the 1976 Bye-Laws :

Display of licences 4. (

1) The owner of a pleasure boat shall not knowingly cause or permit to be used on a canal (not being a river waterway) any pleasure boat in respect of which a pleasure boat licence has been issued unless the licence for the time being in force is displayed on the pleasure boat in such a manner and position as to be clearly visible from outside the pleasure boat at all times.

(2) The owner of a commercial vessel shall not knowingly cause or permit to be used on a canal (not being a commercial waterway) any commercial vessel in respect of which a commercial vessel licence has been issued unless the licence for the time being in force is displayed on the commercial vessel in such a manner and position as to be clearly visible from outside the commercial vessel at all times.

(3) No person shall knowingly cause or permit to be concealed a pleasure boat licence or commercial vessel licence required to be displayed on a pleasure boat or commercial vessel in accordance with this Bye-law.

So whilst the argument "I have not been to my address for 6 months, so have not picked up my licence", may have some validity, failure to display is still illegal, and, subject to a fine should C&TRT wish to 'earn a bit more money'.

The fine is £100 (was amended from £25 in 1975) for each offence. It has been suggested that a new offence is committed each day, so the fees would soon build up.

I stand by the thread, maybe slum is too emotive a word. Marinas are ghettos, that I wouldn't want to live in thanks. Even if it stops curtain twitching people taking photos of your boat and posting them anywhere. Because it's private property. This still wouldn't encourage me to live in a marina.

Regards kris

Surely unless you are an absolute loner who moors in the sticks away from everyone then you/we are all guilty of forming Ghettos.

I have moored in marinas that are full of under used boats and are very quiet.

Exactly ghettos of underused boats, rusting away why would you want to live in one.

So you are not happy to be judged by others on how you do your boating but you are quite happy to dish out your opinions about how others do theirs.

There is a degree of hypocrisy here for sure.

So I asked for someone to spy on me and post the incorrect assumption on the internet. Is that what your saying?

Regards kris

NO, referring to the first post you made.

Anyway I'm out I was just offering some advice.

Edited by Ray T

Completely wrong as we'll, I think he should check his facts before posting. I don't appreciate him posting pictures of my liscence or boat on the internet.

Regards kris

kris - although I'm not condoning the intent of that particular post in this thread, if it upsets you that someone has taken a pic of your boat and posted it anywhere on the internet, I'd suggest you've chosen the wrong type of accommodation.

Once you are in a position to move your boat on a regular basis, you will more than likely have the same experience that we do, and find that not a day passes without someone snapping pictures of the boat as we pass by or work locks. I wouldn't care to hazard a guess as to how many of those pics have made it onto one the forms of social media

ETA - take it as a compliment that someone finds your boat attractive or unique enough to take a picture of it :)

Edited by Bettie Boo