Homeless living on canal & riversides

Ray T

Featured Posts

I see everyone as a person no matter what country or colour or background they come from, but the fact is their is only so much money within the goverment honeypot and if at the end of the day the country is paying more out to keep everyone housed and the honey pot is not being topped up enough to keep that going then you end up with NHS Services Cuts/Social Housing Cuts/Support Benefit Cuts.

You can have an island full of people, but no money to fund defending the country in a time of war and conflict or terrorism.

That assumes that immigration results in a net cost to the country, however studies show that the UK economy gains financially from immigration.

Obviously there are exceptions, but most immigrants tend to be of working age and come here looking for work. Additionally, the UK hasn't had to bear the the cost of educating them. Between 2001 and 2011 European immigrants contributed 34% more than they took out. In contrast, native Britons contributed only 89% of what they cost. Productivity is also higher in industries with higher levels of immigrant workers.

So, maybe there isn't enough in the "honey pot", but there'd be even less without immigrants.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/9172b1f4-455d-11e3-b98b-00144feabdc0.html#axzz3hVyOj8oh

Edited by abraxus

That assumes that immigration results in a net cost to the country, however studies show that the UK economy gains financially from immigration.

Obviously there are exceptions, but most immigrants tend to be of working age and come here looking for work. Additionally, the UK hasn't had to bear the the cost of educating them. Between 2001 and 2011 European immigrants contributed 34% more than they took out. In contrast, native Britons contributed only 89% of what they cost. Productivity is also higher in industries with higher levels of immigrant workers.

So, maybe there isn't enough in the "honey pot", but there'd be even less without immigrants.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/9172b1f4-455d-11e3-b98b-00144feabdc0.html#axzz3hVyOj8oh

I could not possibly answer that because i dont have the evidence.

as for facts and figures of the gains from immigration i would not believe them if they were goverment issued.

i totally respect people leaving war torn countrys 100% everyone deserves the right for quality of life and compasion.

i am not anti emmigration it definitely has its place.

What i do worry about is Goverment Propaganda to make you think they have/are making the right decisions on the countrys behalf.

(i.e producing data figures of what they have achieved in %)

People really need to accept we live in a controlled state, the Tv's are the goverments favourite tool of state mind manipulation.

Example

i said to my dad 2 years ago ' dad my tely hears what i say'

My dad said ' dont be so bloody stupid '

BUT 4 months ago it was in the papers that people who had smart TVs were waking up to their Tv's advertising what they were talking about the night before.

Sky News eventually put up a story that, 'These Smart Tv's were collecting data through Voice recognition software' without people knowing.

See not all is black and white, figures are manipulated and should not be taken as fact.

i only believe what i see.

Edited by brassedoff

The figures weren't government issued, they were from a study carried out by the University College of London's Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration.

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/news-articles/1114/051114-economic-impact-EU-immigration

From what I've seen no-one, apart from far right groups, have argued about the figures, and I imagine the source data can be checked by anyone who has a mind to. Besides, it's common sense really, the people most likely to make the effort to migrate are those who want to work and contribute.

But yes, your tv is watching you.

Edited by abraxus

The figures weren't government issued, they were from a study carried out by the University College of London's Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration.

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/news-articles/1114/051114-economic-impact-EU-immigration

From what I've seen no-one, apart from far right groups, have argued about the figures, and I imagine the source data can be checked by anyone who has a mind to. Besides, it's common sense really, the people most likely to make the effort to migrate are those who want to work and contribute.

Yes I've always thought that too, although my version is slightly different.

The people who end up here are going to be the self-starters, the most resourceful and the smartest. Exactly the people most likely to make a positive contribution to the economy rather than being a drain on it. A self-selecting group and very welcome. I'm sure successive governments here see it this way too, despite their hollow rhetoric about controlling immigration.

so lets get this right ,

University College of London's Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration report is correct because you want to believe it

but Migration Watch and other groups who totally ridicule this report are wrong because you don't want to believe them ,,

Professor Christian Dustmann is the same Home Office Expert who back in 2003 claimed that only 5000 to 13000 would come from eastern Europe,

err think he got that one wrong.

so lets get this right ,

University College of London's Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration report is correct because you want to believe it

but Migration Watch and other groups who totally ridicule this report are wrong because you don't want to believe them ,,

Professor Christian Dustmann is the same Home Office Expert who back in 2003 claimed that only 5000 to 13000 would come from eastern Europe,

err think he got that one wrong.

. Surveys always come down in favour of the person or party that funds them, they are as honest as the people using them to further there own agenda,s

It's caused by an imbalance of the population and the housing available to accommodate them. I made a fortune from this and it's why I have been able to retire aged 55, but it doesn't mean I think it is right.

Immigration is largely irrelevant, it would be no different if there had never been any immigration at all, but couples went from the habit of having two children to having four children, without any attendant increase in infrastructure . Common sense dictates that twenty years down the line there would be problems.

So back when the immigrants the likes of you want to blame for everything were irish , 1840 onwards they only averaged two children per couple ? don't worry about how others come across on here but address how you come across yourself , not well.

The bigotry and racism of some is alive abd well on here I see. A lot of homeless we have met are ex-services. Some have been evicted from rented accommodation due to inability to.pay; others because they choose to, or can't afford the large deposit required.

So back when the immigrants the likes of you want to blame for everything were irish , 1840 onwards they only averaged two children per couple ? don't worry about how others come across on here but address how you come across yourself , not well.

What part of "Immigration is largely irrelevant, it would be no different if there had never been any immigration at all, but couples went from the habit of having two children to having four children, without any attendant increase in infrastructure" did you not understand?

so lets get this right ,

Not at all. I'm not saying one's right and one's wrong. I'm saying that UCL's study shows that Eueropean immigrants are net positive economically and that a right wing pressure group (Migration Watch) disagrees. You can then choose which you prefer to believe based on your own prejudices.

In fact in January 2007, Migration Watch published a briefing paper that claimed that immigration to the UK benefitted the British population by only 4 pence per person per week, so even they appear to admit there's a finacial benefit, rather than a net cost, and just dispute the extent of it.

Edited by abraxus

Just a comment, with no value judgement attached.

Most, if not all, street homeless have an underlying problem of drink, drugs or mental illness. Councils help those who are simply " homeless" due to circumstances beyond their control.

These people have always existed, even when, as in the 60's, we had sufficient housing in this country.

A housing charity CEO was talking to me a while ago and talking about the problem of housing his most difficult cases, "How do I house an arsonist?" Was the question that stays with me.

But the policy of this government of decreasing the amount of social housing, whilst reducing housing benefit and not building more homes, will ultimately lead to disaster.

Most, if not all, street homeless have an underlying problem of drink, drugs or mental illness. Councils help those who are simply " homeless" due to circumstances beyond their control.

These people have always existed, even when, as in the 60's, we had sufficient housing in this country.

A housing charity CEO was talking to me a while ago and talking about the problem of housing his most difficult cases, "How do I house an arsonist?" Was the question that stays with me.

But the policy of this government of decreasing the amount of social housing, whilst reducing housing benefit and not building more homes, will ultimately lead to disaster.

Anything is possible, I have housed three arsonists /fire setters in the last 8 years. It's just a case of perusing the LA for resource and having faith in your own support and risk assessments.

The biggest concern that I have is how procurement rules force providers into some pretty protective corners, the answer to homelessness is linked to a joint effort and yet the LAs tender for work in such a way that means the experts are not talking.

Still, whilst we still have G4s and SERCO forcing a race to the bottom then I can't see it changing soon.

Here is a massive issue, people under the mental health services are being realeased from cmht

They are being refered back to their doctors because the cmht cant keep up with the amount of 'clients' and NHS funding.

these people are not well enough for work and cannot work but when they come to be reasessed for benefits they are deemed suitable for work because they have been discharged from cmht's failing services.

Its all a piss pot really, poorly people are been thrown onto the street because of not qualifyig for ESA - Housing Support.

The system is a failure, people end up commiting suicide with loss of hope due to housing issues and social welfare error's.

Edited by brassedoff

Joining a Union will help to improve their lot.

Hardly.

You might be right concerning British homeless people, but not regarding foreigners. They are young, usually, and come here to work. The problem is that the supply exceeds the demand, so wages for the unskilled are too low to enable them to pay sky-high London rents.

His mum went to his school reunion?

Yes, as did other former members of staff (she was an assistant matron there) and former pupils. Is this unusual? It was a garden party in the grounds of the school (The Hawthorns in Bletchingley, Surrey) to mark the retirement of the long-serving headmaster.

Yes, as did other former members of staff (she was an assistant matron there) and former pupils. Is this unusual? It was a garden party in the grounds of the school (The Hawthorns in Bletchingley, Surrey) to mark the retirement of the long-serving headmaster.

In that case hardly a reunion

In that case hardly a reunion

Former members of staff were reunited with other former and current members of staff, and also with pupils and parents they had known. Sounds like a reunion to me. And a "reünie".to you.

Reunion is also an island in the Indian Ocean. Maybe that is what caused the confusion.