Homeless living on canal & riversides

Ray T

Featured Posts

I've only heard the 'swarm' term used to describe the situation in Calais, not to rough sleepers here in Britain. Feel free to correct me.

By definition of the word I have made an educated reasoning

This is the tactic then: use a term that was used in one context in a different context, then claim great indignation as to the unfairness of it all. The reality being that the term was never used.

What are you talking about, Tactic? Why don't you focus on the actual point instead of this bullshit point scoring?

I used the term to highlight the link between immigration and the current trend in using dehumanising language. perhaps not literal enough for you.

Anyway, I can edit it if it helps you to focus on the issue if you like, perhaps I should change to font to comic sans and in a nice primary colour as well?

What is your solution to rough sleepers wanted ?

( by the way I have been homeless )

I don't have a solution in the way that I think you may think there should be one.

A solution to a problem that is as individual as those experiencing it can never come from a blanket policy.

However, ultimately it boils down to money and people, money to spend on things such as better funding for mental health services, substance misuse services and an understanding of the needs of those leaving the Army. Better resourced probation services with resettlement teams working more cohesively with prisoners on release and more funding for NSNO.

People, like you and I to spend time with street homeless people, never mind about giving money or anything, but a conversation in someone's day can make a huge difference. If you don't see that many homeless people, volunteer somewhere, the Charity Crisis is a good place to start.

Where do we get the money?

I'd say the MPs 10% pay rise and the abolition of the House of Lords would be a good start, maybe looking at the finances of Trident wouldn't go a miss either..

What is your solution to rough sleepers wanted ?

( by the way I have been homeless )

Got that link?

• Greenie 1

As Wanted said fast improvements in rough sleepers could be gained with better funding for Mental Health Services and Substance Misuse.

The biggest problem i am seeing day in day out is people being found fit for work while still under the mental health services but they are totally unfit for work, quite simply they have all their benefits removed from them including disability living allowance or PIP and also their ESA (support group) allowance which then leaves them with no right to claim full housing benefit or council Tax. = Homeless with serious MH Issues.

The goverment wants to cut down on the above benefits and Increase the number of people in work which i understand, but removing the above benefits from really poorly people is putting a lot of people onto the streets and pushing people into despair and often suicide.

What gets me is the goverment trys to promote better understanding of mental health Issues but with the other hand they are putting these very people onto the streets, they are corrupt as hell and so is Channel 4 Telivision for promoting hate towards people who are claiming benefits, they often only show the people who are taking the p1ss out of the benefits system and not the seriously ill.

i promise not to post anymore on this.

Rant Over LOLargue.gif

Edited by brassedoff

Brassedoff, keep posting, you make more sense than many on here, I can't believe your post count for such a short while that you have been a member, seems like you have been here forever.

Phil

haha thanks Phil, i need to get out more i think

it feels like forever as well help.gif

Edited by brassedoff

Mental illness has been "forgotten" by all political parties for many years . A small charity near us for recovering adults had their main grant stopped because they were not inclusive enough - the number of those attending were predominately white (reflecting the local population) . Please no racist comments. However the one paid part time helper spends most of her spare time preparing and attending appeals to get benefits reinstated.

Mental illness has been "forgotten" by all political parties for many years . A small charity near us for recovering adults had their main grant stopped because they were not inclusive enough - the number of those attending were predominately white (reflecting the local population) . Please no racist comments. However the one paid part time helper spends most of her spare time preparing and attending appeals to get benefits reinstated.

In all fairness the LibDems have campaigned hard on mental issues

Mental illness has been "forgotten" by all political parties for many years . A small charity near us for recovering adults had their main grant stopped because they were not inclusive enough - the number of those attending were predominately white (reflecting the local population) .

In Norfolk? I should think so. I live in Norfolk and I never see a black person from one week's end to another. In my nine years of living here I can remember only one black resident, an African lass known locally as Black Sally who has since moved away, so it should be no surprise to whomsoever dishes out these grants that the vast majority of beneficiaries will be honkies.

fatigue.gif whatever

It's true, they did and still do on a local level. My Boss was responsible for a lot of legislative change in child care and Mental health services. She was also a LibEem councellour.

Beleive it or not I get annoyed about this also, obviously I am a badge wearing advocate for equality and diversity but this example is exactly what damages those real efforts.

fatigue.gif whatever

As strange reply to somebody pointing out that not all political parties hadn't forgotten mental health. They may not have done as much as you would like or made enough "noise" about it in your opinion, but what John says is fact.

"Whatever" in my experience is the reply of somebody who is unprepared to accept a point but having no proof it is wrong.

Just they way your "Whatever" came over to me.

It's true, they did and still do on a local level. My Boss was responsible for a lot of legislative change in child care and Mental health services. She was also a LibEem councellour.

But was that just to get votes coming up to the general election, how many partys campaign all of a sudden to gain a vote in their box.

Sorry for being negative

I took it as Brassedoff parodying cotswoldsman's habit of doing exactly that!

I just gave cotswoldman the same dismissive response he gives me after ive posted a sensible post.

What goes around comes around.

Edited by brassedoff

You were saying it's all down to money.

My view is that no matter how much is spent on health services, it will never be enough. Increasing spending on mental health services reduces spending on physical health services. Someone has to set the ratio and they will always be criticised for setting it in the wrong place, wherever they set it.

The money cake have is the only cake available to be shared out. What we actually need is a bigger money cake. How to make the money cake bigger is the underlying problem.

But was that just to get votes coming up to the general election, how many partys campaign all of a sudden to gain a vote in their box.

Sorry for being negative

We all know what Clegg would do to win but unlike most parties, the libdems have/had a greater power on the ground, they did have actual compassion in parts and I have seen the first hand altruism of a lead member. She also says that any further up the chain and she would, by default become less so.

My view is that no matter how much is spent on health services, it will never be enough. Increasing spending on mental health services reduces spending on physical health services. Someone has to set the ratio and they will always be criticised for setting it in the wrong place, wherever they set it.

The money cake have is the only cake available to be shared out. What we actually need is a bigger money cake. How to make the money cake bigger is the underlying problem.

I Agree which is why I said the bit afterwards about finding more cake from lords and weapons.

As strange reply to somebody pointing out that not all political parties hadn't forgotten mental health. They may not have done as much as you would like or made enough "noise" about it in your opinion, but what John says is fact.

"Whatever" in my experience is the reply of somebody who is unprepared to accept a point but having no proof it is wrong.

Just they way your "Whatever" came over to me.

if you had given me a chance to reply and get out of the bath you would of seen why I wrote whatever.

whatever!

Mike you know there are only two answers.

A) tax and spend more

B) Go all out for growth in the economy, thus growing revenues naturally.

Trouble is the economy would have to grow at double the rates we normally enjoy. The NHS has a propensity to want to grow at about 10% a year.

Edited by larkshall

Sorry for being negative

In all fairness Libdems have always been strong on Mental Health for example here is a document from 2012 long before any election https://fullfact.org/factchecks/mental_health_patients_equal_rights_timely_treatment-28614