The Dog House - sold.....

Featured Posts

Indeed it is, and the longer it goes on the more tempted you are to either think about asking the broker to shave a bit off the price or get tempted into accepting a too cheeky an offer. Fortunately we were in no real rush for the money - we just had things on hold until it went through, because of this I was able to feel OK rejecting what were in my opinion two too low offers (quite low actually) and hold out for something much nearer the asking price which I feel we got in the end.

Overall it actually only took just over 11 weeks from first being listed to getting an offer we were willing to accept, and then just under a further four to fully complete and receive the funds which is actually not bad going really. Yes some boats sell within days ours just took a bit longer, but a lot less than some.

Indeed it is, and the longer it goes on the more tempted you are to either think about asking the broker to shave a bit off the price or get tempted into accepting a too cheeky an offer. Fortunately we were in no real rush for the money - we just had things on hold until it went through, because of this I was able to feel OK rejecting what were in my opinion two too low offers (quite low actually) and hold out for something much nearer the asking price which I feel we got in the end.

Overall it actually only took just over 11 weeks from first being listed to getting an offer we were willing to accept, and then just under a further four to fully complete and receive the funds which is actually not bad going really. Yes some boats sell within days ours just took a bit longer, but a lot less than some.

I can understand that. 11 weeks doesn't sound too bad though in these times it took us 11 months to sell our house 18 months or so back it was stressful times. As well as price I think selling quickly is a matter of good luck assuming the boat or whatever is a good one. Sometimes the right person comes along in a few days sometimes it is weeks or months.

I can understand that. 11 weeks doesn't sound too bad though in these times it took us 11 months to sell our house 18 months or so back it was stressful times. As well as price I think selling quickly is a matter of good luck assuming the boat or whatever is a good one. Sometimes the right person comes along in a few days sometimes it is weeks or months.

Yes length of time really is not an indicator. I had an offer on my boat in the first week but far to low but it was and indicator that I was selling something people wanted. 3 weeks later I was offered the full asking price. I did tell people when enquiring that I was not open to offers the price stated was the price I would sell for.

Regarding property I sold a flat recently it took 5 weeks to sell but has taken 3 months so far to complete it is due to complete on 17th house sales have just not kept up with modern technology it is still all about shuffling bits of paper by snail mail and kicking solicitors up the are to get a move on

Yes length of time really is not an indicator. I had an offer on my boat in the first week but far to low but it was and indicator that I was selling something people wanted. 3 weeks later I was offered the full asking price. I did tell people when enquiring that I was not open to offers the price stated was the price I would sell for.

Regarding property I sold a flat recently it took 5 weeks to sell but has taken 3 months so far to complete it is due to complete on 17th house sales have just not kept up with modern technology it is still all about shuffling bits of paper by snail mail and kicking solicitors up the are to get a move on

Also mortgage lenders not keep up with the times, HSBC didn't use email as a form of communication regarding applications so everything had to be posted or faxed to them, so queries on mortgage vals took FOREVER to get sorted.

Also mortgage lenders not keep up with the times, HSBC didn't use email as a form of communication regarding applications so everything had to be posted or faxed to them, so queries on mortgage vals took FOREVER to get sorted.

Yes I can imagine I had to inform the buyer that no survey had been carried out and after he spoke to them one came 3 days later.

• Greenie 1

"The Dog House" was spotted by Cath moving South, having just left Stowe Hill Wharf, so I guess being collected by its new owner(s).

It's not going to be a residential boat in Londopn, is it? ohmy.pnglaugh.png

Edited by alan_fincher

Yes the legal bit can be frustrating. We engaged an online solicitors which was OK and their communication good but documents still had to go back and forward in the post and you wait for searches etc.

"The Dog House" was spotted by Cath moving South, having just left Stowe Hill Wharf, so I guess being collected by its new owner(s).

It's not going to be a residential boat in Londopn, is it? :o:lol:

Good luck to them if it is.

It's a good boat, perfect for living on wherever the new owners choose to do it......

• 1 month later...

It's not going to be a residential boat in Londopn, is it? ohmy.pnglaugh.png

We passed it on the move on Saturday, on the bendy bit near Weedon. So not in London (yet, anyway!)

Good to hear it's getting used and not just sat somewhere like it did in the latter days of our ownership.

It has been past our moorings near Weedon several times, so as has been suggested seems to be based in this area