C&RT Enforcement Procedure Document

KenK

Featured Posts

CaRT's enforcement web page has now been altered and contains a link to the document.

The bit that has been added is:

If we ever do have to take action we try to give boaters as much time as possible to get in touch with us and explain their situation. If you're interested, we've laid out exactly what steps we take in this handy download: CC Monitoring Process

I saw this today on Narrowmindedworld http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/allanrichards/CC-monitoring-process.pdfposted by Allan Richards. It is a document which outlines the procedure to be followed in the event of a boater without a home mooring falling foul of the enforcement team.

I don't think it has popped up on here previously.

Ken

Are you sure only boaters without a home mooring? Or did my phone down load the wrong document?

Are you sure only boaters without a home mooring? Or did my phone down load the wrong document?

It is titled as CC Monitoring Process so guess so. Although it does read as though is could easily apply to all licence holders.

It is titled as CC Monitoring Process so guess so. Although it does read as though is could easily apply to all licence holders.

I believe it it does indeed apply to all boaters. It only makes a slight distinction further down the document regarding writing to boaters who have declared they have no home mooring.

The rest applies universally I would say.

ed. but then the first box refers to boaters without a home mooring - so maybe not. wacko.png

Edited by MJG

Its only the last bit that applies to all i.e. the 14day bit

So if I go to Berko by boat every wednesday or whatever day they check Berko to go to the pub and get spotted and never get seen on my mooring which I would be on for the rest of the week I will fall under enforcement.

Someones not thought this through.

Its only the last bit that applies to all i.e. the 14day bit

So if I go to Berko by boat every wednesday or whatever day they check Berko to go to the pub and get spotted and never get seen on my mooring which I would be on for the rest of the week I will fall under enforcement.

Someones not thought this through.

I don't believe this is aimed at boats with a home mooring hence the title of the document.

Lol lol. Its very much aimed at all boaters. The wording in the document is not yet complete.

Seems a bit daft to put enforcement processes for all boats in a document titled and referring to CCers.

But even if it does refer to all boats where is the problem?

I notice that the "14 day reminders - applicable to all licensed boats" section (at the bottom) includes the following:

"Potential overstays flagged for any boat on same km more than 14 days ago"

That's new, isn't it? Does that amount to a de facto definition of the minimum distance between two different "places" as one kilometre? That would roughly tally with the recent suggestion that 15-20 miles is the minimum range of movement the CaRT would be likely to accept as indicative of someone "genuinely cruising" over the course of a year (1km moved every 14 days = 26km or just over 16 miles moved in a year).

I notice that the "14 day reminders - applicable to all licensed boats" section (at the bottom) includes the following:

"Potential overstays flagged for any boat on same km more than 14 days ago"

That's new, isn't it? Does that amount to a de facto definition of the minimum distance between two different "places" as one kilometre? That would roughly tally with the recent suggestion that 15-20 miles is the minimum range of movement the CaRT would be likely to accept as indicative of someone "genuinely cruising" over the course of a year (1km moved every 14 days = 26km or just over 16 miles moved in a year).

Some 20 years after the BW 1995 Act, CaRT have redefined the meaning of 'place'. Now 'place' is 1km either side of where your boat is spotted. As such you need to be spotted next time more than 1km away. This new 'rule' not only contradicts the law but also CaRT's guidance.

It applys to all boaters as has already been pointed out.

The last bit does however.

Badly written.

Another mess not properly thought through.

They are not getting any better, are they?

Edited by alan_fincher

Lol lol. Its very much aimed at all boaters. The wording in the document is not yet complete.

So has Allan Richards got hold of something not yet actually issued by CRT, but just under discussion,

(No I'm not going to grace NBW to find out!).

I'd be more concerned if it were on a CRT web-site than on Allan's own space.

Edited by alan_fincher

So has Allan Richards got hold of something not yet actually issued by CRT, but just under discussion,

It is on the crt space or at least was last night.

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/media/library/10913-cc-monitoring-process.pdf

Edited by Loddon

I think Allan Richards must have lodgings in their website. It was put out for discussion on the day nbw got it. CRT did put it up on their site, so it could be seen live rather than in paper form.

It is on the crt space or at least was last night.

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/media/library/10913-cc-monitoring-process.pdf

Only dear old CRT could come up with a document entitled

"CC Monitoring Process"

then include a section that says

"applicable to all licensed boats".

It seems Sally Ash is still with them in spirit, if not in actual person.