Location?

mark99

Featured Posts

So what's the structure on the other side of the bridge? Looks like a pipe bridge and possibly a low level crossing as well??

If I am correct about Folly Bridge then that will be a moored up Salters Steamer,there is just enough room to get past though its a bit scary when the Thames is flowing.

............Dave

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folly_Bridge

Cigar on it's way sir.

Don't smoke, can I have some beer please?

We always go that way at the main channel is a bit tight in a full length boat, and can be busy, , but a couple of years back we did it on the border of yellow and red boards so that image is implanted in my brain forever!

...........Dave.

post-9998-0-87957000-1435679919_thumb.jpg

Heres one, ancient picture but it has all the information you need in it to pinpoint the location to within a few feet if you know the area

just the bridge number and canal will be accepted as a correct answer

Edited by Jess--

On my last trip up the Thames in the barge we came downstream through the other arch early one morning with a bit of fresh on, clouted one of the dayboats, sound of splintering fibreglass, couldnt stop. Phoned them when they opened and was told not to worry as the dayboats are tougher than they look.

"Back Passage" at Folly Bridge, Oxford, heading downstream.

...............Dave

That's Exactly where it is. I knew I reconized it, we went through there last summer

Good eye detective.gif

attachicon.gif1a.jpg

Heres one, ancient picture but it has all the information you need in it to pinpoint the location to within a few feet if you know the area

just the bridge number and canal will be accepted as a correct answer

Just around the corner from Braunston marina

That's Exactly where it is. I knew I reconized it, we went through there last summer

Good eye detective.gif

Just around the corner from Braunston marina

Is it called puddlebanks or summat?

Yeah that's it Mark, after leaving Braunston Marina, turning left, then turn left just before the chandlery where the triangle is, that bridge is the first one you come too

...I remember it well as when we were real newbie's I held our boat by the centre line whilst Dave walked back to the chandlery for a new water tank screw cap (don't ask) I'm sure he was only gone about 1/2 hour but it felt like 3 holding our boat in the hot sun with other boats passing by

Were we right about yours? the back bridge in Oxford can take it to avoid trying to maneuver between the large trip boats and the punts opposite at Osney bridge.

Yeah that's it Mark, after leaving Braunston Marina, turning left, then turn left just before the chandlery where the triangle is, that bridge is the first one you come too

...I remember it well as when we were real newbie's I held our boat by the centre line whilst Dave walked back to the chandlery for a new water tank screw cap (don't ask) I'm sure he was only gone about 1/2 hour but it felt like 3 holding our boat in the hot sun with other boats passing by

Were we right about yours? the back bridge in Oxford can take it to avoid trying to maneuver between the large trip boats and the punts opposite at Osney bridge.

Yes correct! Salter Steamer waiting at the end......... looks like a part of Venice if you squint. ;)