First Boat Awesomeness :) !!!

Larentia

Featured Posts

So last weekend I saw her and made an offer which was accepted. The survey was carried out today, which I went along to. All good news, just wanted to share that and thank you all for I have learnt just so so much from silently searching (lurking?) in the vaults of this forum. The Search function thing is a bit quirky but it does work. Big smiles day :)

• Greenie 2

So last weekend I saw her and made an offer which was accepted. The survey was carried out today, which I went along to. All good news, just wanted to share that and thank you all for I have learnt just so so much from silently searching (lurking?) in the vaults of this forum. The Search function thing is a bit quirky but it does work. Big smiles day smile.png

Yes CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But OMG What HAVE you done????!!!

(Only kidding :D )

MtB

Many emotions experienced over the past week but I know I made the right choice for so many reasons. Teeny bit anxious to take ownership but have to wait a couple of weeks because of prior commitments but then I get 11 days on my own to bring her down to Berks from Northants. Peace time! :)

Congrats Judgejim too :) :) :)

I have only been on my boat 5 weeks and am loving every minute of it . You won't regret your decision to buy and every boater I have met has been really helpful.

This forum is a great mine of information and has many characters. Enjoy.

Congratulations too you bothcheers.gif

I have bought and lived on mine for nearly 3 years and it's been great. I'm self employed and get asked where I live, even though my business is listed at the Marina with my boat name. I always get " How Lovely" or "do you have xxxx on board" etc Isn't it cold, until I say, just like a house they need heating, hence I have a solid fuel stove with back boiler!!

May paint the outside soon depending on the weather!! Currently black and red with cream coachlines. Thinking green and cream.

Jamescheers.gif

Congratulations! Just under 7 years ago we went through the same rollercoaster of emotions, 6 years ago we started "living the dream" when we moved aboard and we're still solvent and living it (I meant to say loving it but I quite like that auto correct)

Hope you take to it as well as we have :)

Many emotions experienced over the past week but I know I made the right choice for so many reasons. Teeny bit anxious to take ownership but have to wait a couple of weeks because of prior commitments but then I get 11 days on my own to bring her down to Berks from Northants. Peace time! :) Congrats Judgejim too :) :) :)

Your not far wrong with the emotions,even sleepless nights!!!!!!!!

Congrats MLM and thanks everyone

I'll report back in 5 years and let you know if I still feel the

same.......

You might feel the same, but as Richard said, you'll probably have had ups and downs and felt differently during the intervening period.

It just made me laugh that you were telling someone else that they wouldn't regret it when you're in the first flush of enthusiasm and don't even know that about yourself. Lots of people do regret it and give up after a few years.

All I can say is that after 15 years I have mixed feelings, mostly positive.

Edited by blackrose