First night on board. what did you wish you'd packed?

Lmcgrath87

Featured Posts

Isn't the slowly learning fun and daunting at the same time biggrin.png I'm loving it can't wait to get over the stupid chest infection and get back on my boat asap :-)

It's brilliant, we feel fairly confident with what we have figured out so far. I'm glad I have someone to learn (make mistakes) with me. Gutted to be back home now, waiting for Saturday when we can get back there - although the weather forecast doesn't look great this weekend.

Don't worry about the weather, you'll be warm and snug inside YOUR boat.

Ten years living aboard now and still like to lay in bed listerning to the rain hammering on the roof.

All so, the more rain, the less "looky loos" trying to look through your windows.

Enjoy it.

Rob....

Don't worry about the weather, you'll be warm and snug inside YOUR boat.

Ten years living aboard now and still like to lay in bed listerning to the rain hammering on the roof.

All so, the more rain, the less "looky loos" trying to look through your windows.

Enjoy it.

Rob....

Exactly. You'll soon realise mucking about in your boat is enjoyable is any weather.

:)

MtB

oh I'm not bothered at all! I'm enjoying the idea of an evening in, fire on, with one of the several books I purchased at the weekend (whoops) maybe even a glass of vino. We've not actually moved our boat yet though, I'd quite like to set off in dry weather for our maiden voyage if at all possible! But we're not in too much of a rush to do that.

Wish we had bought one of those spider catching tubes from Lakeland . Would have been able to catch the huge black spider that ran out of a banana box when we un-packed . Bunny. ( found it or it's cousin a few months later )

We've not actually moved our boat yet though,

You're all set to become CMers, them?

Seriously, your last few posts, especially no. 106, have surely reminded many of us of the magic of the first day & night aboard our first boat. That was 18 years ago for me and Mrs. Athy but the memory is still clear.

If when you DO move the boat for the first time I'm sure you'll report how it went. I remember it as being a mixture of exhilaration and panic.

It's frustrating to want something and not know where it is, so keeping lists and putting everything back exactly where it belongs helps.

And you know what happens next? You lose your list.

You're all set to become CMers, them?

Seriously, your last few posts, especially no. 106, have surely reminded many of us of the magic of the first day & night aboard our first boat. That was 18 years ago for me and Mrs. Athy but the memory is still clear.

If when you DO move the boat for the first time I'm sure you'll report how it went. I remember it as being a mixture of exhilaration and panic.

Mostly panic I think, We luckily have 10 days to do what is, according to the interwebs a 2 day trip, so we can take our time and enjoy the ride.

But it's been amazing fun so far, super happy with our boat. (I've been keeping an eye on AP and nothing else, in my opinion, that has come on the market is even close!)

Edited by Lmcgrath87

Mostly panic I think, We luckily have 10 days to do what is, according to the interwebs a 2 day trip, so we can take our time and enjoy the ride.

But it's been amazing fun so far, super happy with our boat. (I've been keeping an eye on AP and nothing else, in my opinion, that has come on the market is even close!)

"AP" being, perhaps, a boat sales site set up to rival the better-known AD?tongue.png

Unless I missed it (and I was away last week) you have posted a photo of the saloon of your boat but no outside shots. Have you got any? It would be good to see them.