One boat, then two,then three

Skyraker

Featured Posts

Read it again and you can clearly see I didn't say this.

I asked the grp owner before they lobbed up if he'd ever considered licensing his boat

04/12 is taking the piss no?

And I thought he might be removing valuables.... I'll walk right past yours next time your Barry Manilo lps are landing on the towpath via the window.

Is it actually unlicensed or just not displaying one?

Read it again and you can clearly see I didn't say this.

I asked the grp owner before they lobbed up if he'd ever considered licensing his boat

04/12 is taking the piss no?

And I thought he might be removing valuables.... I'll walk right past yours next time your Barry Manilo lps are landing on the towpath via the window.

I thought you said valuables? smile.png

George ex nb Alton retired

I think, I may be incorrect.

But I think this is a typical thread where there are two interpretations of what has been written.

The OP merely asked a question his opening gambit, told the truth about his opinion and has been potentially slaughtered by some that have misunderstood.

Not a response to any particular post, but the attitude of some to the living on boats topic reflects the BW attitude of many years past, when seeking passage for the original 1970 Bill on houseboat regulation [far more draconian even than the Act that survived passage through Parliament].

The MP promoting the Bill, in response to concerns expressed over the extreme denial of rights as were attached to ordinary homes:

Again, he made certain rather emotive suggestions about people's homes. Many of these homes are aquatic slums and many more are places where people go off with other people's wives for weekends. They are nobody's homes. I accept that some are people's homes but we do not want to get too emotive about the parallel.”

Maybe when you buy your first boat as your other Thread relates to:

"Wanted (losing will to live looking) 30k to 40k Narrowboat"

and explore the waterways you might get a better understanding of the people who are on the water and the area's they occupy, maybe one day the people you describe could be you. Then again they have a boat and you don't as your other Thread states but your member profile state's you own a boat?????

Please get a boat before you start pulling boat owners, their boats and their ways.

Edited by Northernboater

Yes he can express his opinion, but his opinion would be more respected if he actually owned a boat and understood what is actually involved in doing so while travelling the canals, instead of just driving down to walk the dog or hiring a boat for a week. Some boaters see a boat moored and moor near as they think it's a safe location especially if they have met before and recognise the boat.

Edited by Northernboater

I'm moored clos eto a boat that forever has a haze of funny smelly stuff wafting from it.

It's painted (and I use that word loosely) battle ship grey primer. The owners have more than 2 staffies (never sure if its 3 or 4).

The couple on it look like a throw back to new age hippies.

And you couldn't meet a nicer pair of people!

You can never tell a book from its cover tongue.png

My point is,nt an attack on the op or anyone else, just an observation of life in general, we are in a world were people judge there nieighbours on how nice there house looks,or there work colleagues on how new there car is or if the guy coming round to do work on there house has a nice new sign written van or a clapped out jalopy, regardless of how good they are,it's shallow and shite, and the reason I imaging a lot of people want to disappear on there boat to get away from this modern judgemental attitude, I treat all people the same until they give me reason not to, regardless of race colour creed or wealth, among my friends I have people ranging from the homeless to the super rich ,but the one thing they have in common, is they are decent people that I could rely on if I was in a fix, so what I was saying is if you treat these people as nice people they will probably treat you the same, and if you asked me weather I,d ever considered licensing my boat before I even new who you are, I would tell you to piss off and mind your own business regardless of the licence status of my boat (it's always been licensed but may not have always had it in the window) ,now I've put the world to right, I,m off to the orchard for a pint of scrumpy then round to the Jamaican,s for a nice goat curry,,

My point is,nt an attack on the op or anyone else, just an observation of life in general, we are in a world were people judge there nieighbours on how nice there house looks,or there work colleagues on how new there car is or if the guy coming round to do work on there house has a nice new sign written van or a clapped out jalopy,

Their!

I'm moored clos eto a boat that forever has a haze of funny smelly stuff wafting from it.

It's painted (and I use that word loosely) battle ship grey primer. The owners have more than 2 staffies (never sure if its 3 or 4).

The couple on it look like a throw back to new age hippies.

And you couldn't meet a nicer pair of people!

You can never tell a book from its cover tongue.png

Exactly, You get all sorts of people on the canals, some good some bad, boat condition is the same new and old, but it's the same as you get everywhere in life in terms of houses and social class. Some of the nicest genuine people have looked the worse both in respect of their boat and look, while some with the brand new boat all shiny and glittering and with all the gear have been the worse.

I bet the OP wouldn't of minded if the boats were all brand new and shiny and the owner's were sitting on the back deck having a nice meal with a bottle of wine, I think he needs to buy a boat and see the bigger picture and the wide varity of people and boats on the canal.

Nono, that was a gentle dig at Delta9, who appointed himself as the grammar police this time.

apolgy,s and thank,s my mistake

I much preferred the discussion about mad max boater gangs myself. Oh we'll.

Regards kris

. I was night fishing on the G and S a few years ago and someone came through in the early hours flat out in a very fast rib that could have been max himself, he was certainly mad when the large stick I chucked at him clouted him on the back of the head