I dislike being treated like a criminal

kris88

Featured Posts

It's very simple CART are just trying to rob more cash out of boaters and remove liveaboards from the system. Personally I do not stay more than 14 days in a set place as like to move around, however I like the Oxford and have many friends in the area and I cannot see a problem going up and down this canal over a period of time. Most of us are continuous cruisers. I think CART have overstepped the mark by thretening live aboards and trying to remove them from the canal. The canal would be a VERY boring place without the liveaboard community, imagine a canal system with sbb (shiny boat brigade) and weekend warriors alone yuk.

I agree there are people who take a liberty staying in one place for long periods of time do need to move around, plus overstaying in towns is wrong.

If you read the so called 'Guide for boaters without a home mooring' it basically says that point A for forteen days followed by point B for 14 days then not returning to A from B..... However it says nothing about going back from C to A unless I'm missing something!!!

Though without shiny boaters and weekend warriors the system may well be closed fairly soon.

Ian.

They are saying it is up to the ramdom decission of some over paid CART burocrat who decides wether they give you a license based on your cruising history. Many people will get this wrong if enforced and others will be taking CART to court by the dozen which will lead to a massive legal cost to CART (which comes out of your license fee)

If CART are not careful in their enforcment policy I imagine the thousends of liveaboards on the system will bring the system to a standstill

?? what have you added to the quote included in your post ??

What's a 'shiny boater' type?

A leisure boater who doesn't live on their boat perhaps?

Exactly the type of divisive comment that splits this so called boating 'community' right down the middle.

That would be the IWA clown and his ilk I mentioned in the post you quoted. I don't want any unity with him and his, it's ok though. He and his declared the division first though, do keep up.

​I have a lovely shiny boat that I don't live on, is kept in a marina and is used as much as time and family commitments allow, my boat is shiny because I've worked bloody hard all my life and appreciate everything I have and just because I don't neglect it or fill the roof with logs and geraniums I seem to be viewed by some folk in this forum as the boating anti-christ!

That would be the IWA clown and his ilk I mentioned in the post you quoted. I don't want any unity with him and his, it's ok though. He and his declared the division first though, do keep up.

Easy to spot, powder blue or beige polo shirt. Could be a senior member if polo shirt is striped. :-D

​I have a lovely shiny boat that I don't live on, is kept in a marina and is used as much as time and family commitments allow, my boat is shiny because I've worked bloody hard all my life and appreciate everything I have and just because I don't neglect it or fill the roof with logs and geraniums I seem to be viewed by some folk in this forum as the boating anti-christ!

I don't see you in that way and I could be seen as a scruffy boater, I care less than a fig what your boat's like, if that helps at all

Easy to spot, powder blue or beige polo shirt. Could be a senior member if polo shirt is striped. :-D

Their dress code is well established. Less certain is their taste in music. I think they like dub step and grind core but don't know it yet. They should find out.

What's a 'shiny boater' type?

A leisure boater who doesn't live on their boat perhaps?

You mean a leisure boater that doesn't live on his/her boat and doesn't have a home mooring?

Mines shiny on one side, I'm on the fence :-D

Roofs cluttered up with solar panels, ariel's, satellite dishes and planters.... Oh, and wait for it, solar powered light strings.

:o did you steal my boat?

Mines shiny on one side, I'm on the fence :-D

Roofs cluttered up with solar panels, ariel's, satellite dishes and planters.... Oh, and wait for it, solar powered light strings.

Sorry I draw the line at solar powered light strings "burn the witch"

Wel you say 'do keep up' however he didn't post his comments on here.

I'm responding to 'your' comment and also your frankly stupid suggestion about 'direct action', that you made, which will help things considerably, not.

also your frankly stupid suggestion about 'direct action', that you made, which will help things considerably, not.

Nothing wrong with a bit of direct action, the French have done well from it over the years.

Just make sure you don't volunteer to be a Marshall this time. Hehe

Nothing wrong with a bit of direct action, the French have done well from it over the years.

Nothing wrong with being a Marshall. I've been one since 1949.

Edited to add : I'm a scruffy leisure boater with a scruffy boat.

Edited by Arthur Marshall
  • Greenie 1

Fair play to you, for me, anyone who owns a boat, new or old shiny or not so shiny is a boater and part of the community i am happy to be part of, .... with the obvious exception of those that dont or wont pay their way towards the waterways i love and enjoy.

Rick

I wouldn't volunteer to be a steward (you have used the wrong word there, it's not Marshal)! for 'direct action' on the cut because 'direct action' is different from a protest march, which of course is what I did steward for.

However what that has to do with what is being discussed here goodness only knows.

Edited by MJG