Dog thieves alert!!

Pykebird

Featured Posts

A dog from the village at Cosgrove was stolen by a couple of guys on a tatty cruiser, being towed by another tatty cruiser!

They came through the lock yesterday after ramming the bank several times.

The police were involved in the capture and return of the dog last night. This man is known to both the police and cart have already issued a section 8 for the boats.

They were moored at bridge 57 at 1 o'clock last night.

Please keep your dogs with you at all times and lock everything up.

This is not just a rumour, be warned and let anyone else you know.

Thanks for the heads up..

Untill they 'took' this dog, what harm were they doing? The camo boat was nicking things from other boaters and the police got him for it, there has been no reports of theft by these people. So they are scruffy and broke, the poor will always be with us.

Which takes us straight back to the debate about whether people who can't afford a licence should be on the cut at all, and if you think yes they they should be, whether they should they be excused buying a licence.

What's your view on this?

Mtb

Does anyone have pictures of the boats? Or maybe descriptions. I saw a couple that fitted the description a couple of times on the North Stratford in the summer. I think the boat being towed was an old Dawncraft. They passed us late one evening and we passed them early the next morning. ,,,, they didn't show any interest in my dog though, ... although I reckon with only one eye she is probably not an ideal candidate for a dog theif!

Appletreesparty238.jpg

did they nick his eyeninja.gif

• Greenie 1

These particular two boats have been hanging around Milton Keynes on and off throughout the summer. The boat being towed was searched by police around august time. The guy who supposedly owns the towed boat is seemingly avoiding police for crimes committed. Obviously can't put a name up on here, but several in the Milton Keynes area know him.

Nothing whatsoever to do with what was the camouflage boat.

Beware, the guy on the towed boat can be very aggressive.

Edited by jenlyn

Greenie Donald G. I agree.

The housing situation in the UK is broken and not fit for purpose.

It always has been. I bought my first boat to live on in 1977 because of all the same housing market problems we have now.

I don't imagine it will ever change.

MtB

These particular two boats have been hanging around Milton Keynes on and off throughout the summer. The boat being towed was searched by police around august time. The guy who supposedly owns the towed boat is seemingly avoiding police for crimes committed. Obviously can't put a name up on here, but several in the Milton Keynes area know him.

Nothing whatsoever to do with what was the camouflage boat.

Beware, the guy on the towed boat can be very aggressive.

. The more aggressive the better as far as I,m concerned if he had stolen my dog, as I would then be within my legal right to beat him to a pulp in the name of self defence, plus if the guy has warrants out for his arrest the last thing he would want to do is call the police

Where to start with fixing the housing problems I know not. So many people have a major part of their money tied up in property. The government is totally against people making their own alternative solutions .

Empty and under occupied homes and commercial buildings are part of the problem.

Better minds than mine have failed to come up with a solution.

Proper houses built in city town village boundaries .Councils to get a grip and search out empty properties and get owners to do somethimg or compulsory take possession and refurbish or auction off.

Full council tax to be paid on all 2nd 3rd etc properties by owner.

• Greenie 1

Where to start with fixing the housing problems I know not. So many people have a major part of their money tied up in property. The government is totally against people making their own alternative solutions .

Empty and under occupied homes and commercial buildings are part of the problem.

Better minds than mine have failed to come up with a solution.

The trite solution is to build enough houses to match the population.

The problem with this is when the supply increases, the price falls so more people are attracted into the market. (The people on the margins of being able to afford their own place finally buy, and more people are attracted to come and live here from abroad - but we can't say that because we will be accused of racism.) And this leads to demand rising and a new equilibrium is reached.

So in effect no, there is no solution. But saying it is not 'fit for purpose' rather overlooks the concept of us living in a democracy with a free market economy. It is working as designed. Bad, but the alternatives are worse.

MtB

When the police boarded the boat.,the guy whose name they had was not on the boat! The guy said he had found the dog a black lab collie cross and wasgoing to return it in the morning.

Is there any evidence to suggest this was untrue? I've only skimmed through the thread, but as far as I can see you don't seem to mention how you know that they stole the dog.

It was perhaps easy to miss it, but in post #25 pykebird said "For some reason they only took one dog from the garden".

If someone takes a dog from a private garden they must have known they were stealing it.

However the man probably claimed to have found it elsewhere, leaving the police lacking evidence of theft.

Reading between the lines, the dog was "stolen" from the offside but online moorings at Willowbridge, some of which have a small garden area next to them, along with some boating tools which cannot be traced as you don't write your boat name on articles like ropes and windlasses.

I may be wrong here but......

It was perhaps easy to miss it, but in post #25 pykebird said "For some reason they only took one dog from the garden".

If someone takes a dog from a private garden they must have known they were stealing it.

However the man probably claimed to have found it elsewhere, leaving the police lacking evidence of theft.

It doesn't mention how she knows this to be the case. Did she witness them taking the dog or is it possible that the dog escaped?