Elsan point abuse

bassplayer

Featured Posts

If you are currently of an eating disposition please turn away.

So...you walk into the Elsan disposal point with your Portapotti and find the disposal facility has been left in a very sorry state....

Do you :

A) Leave the facility in immaculate condition...(I.e scrub off all the crap someone has left for you)

B ) Leave the facility as you found it but do your best to clean whatever you can within reason...

....warning....option B ) could result in getting blamed for someone else's crap....

Edited by bassplayer

If it was in a boatyard, marina or somewhere where you could see a manager or worker, I would report it to them. Anywhere else which is not "manned", dump your stuff and get away very quickly, Oh and maybe hose down a little and make sure you leave no fingerprints in the crap over the tiles !!

Edit to add: I have a pumpout Head down now and get my coat !

Edited by Daiboy

Starcoaster, on 02 Oct 2014 - 12:20 AM, said:

Option C: Report it to the powers that be, and head for the next Elsan.

Same here - unless you are properly equipped I don't think I would tackle a large amount of carelessly discarded human waste particularly from an unknown person(s). Too much of a health risk in my book.

It does show the value of always ensuring that you have sufficient cassettes available in order than you do not become 100% dependant on being able to empty at the next emptying point but can if needed move on to the one after.

Option C: Report it to the powers that be, and head for the next Elsan.

This^ (How do I put that fancy little upwards pointing arrow that people use)

Plus I might give myself permission to go and have a right good moan

Or I might not

I can see how tempting it is though.

Edited to add the arrow that I found above number 6

Edited by Bazza2

I would go with C too. But I may compose a stern notice to display as it would make me feel better and they may be local, small chance (okay, very small) that it may find its target and make them feel a little less like doing it again.

I find it incredible that some people can foul up doing a simple job like emptying a cassette and go away oblivious of the fall out. Mind you I have seen similar but to a lessed degree on our marina, one occasion I saw someone take the hose that hangs from the roof which is used to flush away and clean up and stuff it inside their cassette, nice for anybody who came after them. The perp is supposedly educated, manager of a care home, just glad I'm not in his care.

Phil

Had anyone considered it may have been caused by a 'holier than thou' pump-outer', overloading the sysytem and getting a 'blow-back' ?

The self pump outerer is surely a seperate entity altogether from the pump out owner.

Any self respecting pump out owner pays the servants to deal with the contents of their tank. biggrin.png

The self pump outerer is surely a seperate entity altogether from the pump out owner.

Any self respecting pump out owner pays the servants to deal with the contents of their tank. biggrin.png

...so you pay people to put up with your crap!....(sorry couldn't resist that one NC)....

Any self respecting pump out owner pays the servants to deal with the contents of their tank. :D

So you never use the card/self operated machines then?

Some of us who use self pump outs can do so without leaving any trace....indeed several times over the summer we left the sanitary stations cleaner than when we had started...really how hard is it for people to flush the sluice after using it????

Cheers

Gareth

"pump outer" surely ? ......................

..................... pedant.

oh, and spelling of separate?? judge.giflaugh.png

Edited by Murflynn

I've never seen a pump-out service where staff are on hand to do it for you.

Even in posh marinas on the Thames you are expected to connect up the big stinking hose yourself and do your own flushing.

MtB

Burton Waters, Lincoln.

They do it all for you whilst you have a wander around the yard, brokerage pontoons or chandlery.