Nottingham boat sales

muddywaters

Featured Posts

Quite so - but for those who have lost their boats it may be of some assistance.

Thanks Alan, nice to see the post isn't just being followed by the usual Internet Trolls who keep playing the same scratched record!

Some people seem to really like the sound of their own voice...but have very little of use to contribute. I can't imagine why they seem to be so negative all the time?

It's awful that people are dying around then world from nasty diseases, people are caught up in warzones and all the Internet Trolls can do is carry on bitching about something that never affected them.

#prioritiesinlife

It's awful that people are dying around then world from nasty diseases, people are caught up in warzones...

It is also pretty awful that someone should attempt to diminish the significance of their actions by raising issues that neither affect them nor are relevant to boating.

Failing to pay CRT what is owed them affects every boater and, as this is a boating forum, is a perfectly valid issue to raise.

Thanks Alan, nice to see the post isn't just being followed by the usual Internet Trolls who keep playing the same scratched record!

Some people seem to really like the sound of their own voice...but have very little of use to contribute. I can't imagine why they seem to be so negative all the time?

It's awful that people are dying around then world from nasty diseases, people are caught up in warzones and all the Internet Trolls can do is carry on bitching about something that never affected them.

#prioritiesinlife

So is it worse to be a forum troll or someone who doesnt pass on their connections fees having taken already them from their customers?

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering ?

Have new receivers been appointed ?

Are the gates unlocked ?

Anyone got their boat back ?

Update ?

Bailiffs have taken over the yard and kicked every one out. Everything has gone quiet. Creditors meeting didn't happen. No new recievers afaik.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if it the same Nottingham Boat sales, but their signs where on the door of the sales office at Redhill Marina and also on buildings nearby. Maybe they have just relocated now ?

Edited...hubby says its not Nottingham Boat sales...sorry for posting, l should keep my nose out lol

Edited by Lucysplace
  • Greenie 1

Bump!!

Any news folks. Very quiet on this topic considering the gravity of the situation to any prospective customers

Its probably a bit more worrying for those whose boats were there on brokerage, and now have no access to them, or know if the company has sold them and 'taken the money', or know how the receivers view the ownership of the 'stock'.

I don't know if it the same Nottingham Boat sales, but their signs where on the door of the sales office at Redhill Marina and also on buildings nearby. Maybe they have just relocated now ?

Edited...hubby says its not Nottingham Boat sales...sorry for posting, l should keep my nose out lol

Oh don't be. Everyone makes mistakes. At least you acknowledged yours.

Welcome to the forum!

So no news then!! Just thought someone who was in the process of buying or selling when it went txxs up may have used the forum.

Asking out of curiosity more than anything else. We nearly did a deal with them 2 weeks before the announcement that they were in trouble. If we had, we would just have been at the stage where we had parted with a tidy deposit!! Close call or what??

Been there worn the tshirt --------NIGHTMARE we nearly lost our boat, after being told they had found a buyer taken a deposit and were just waiting for the survey all communication stopped no reply to the phone or email --- waited a couple of weeks still nothing I phoned Castle Marina to ask if they had any idea what was going on "O NO the #####rs had gone bust on us" surprisingly this was no surprise so any way

there was no time to be lost, jumped straight in a taxi down the M1 to try and liberate our boat before the receivers got their hands on it. We arrived to find the boat left open with much of the cruising gear missing and none of the promised work even started, however there appeared to have been a survey judging on the chalk marks on the hull.

We have no idea if there was a buyer I suspect the survey may have been for the purpose of raising finance ???

Our insurers coughed up £1500 for a crane to put us back in the water (Saga highly recommended)

If there is a buyer out there for Peppa 2 please get in touch with us.

We are still convinced there is nothing half so fine as messing around in boats !

Been there worn the tshirt --------NIGHTMARE we nearly lost our boat, after being told they had found a buyer taken a deposit and were just waiting for the survey all communication stopped no reply to the phone or email --- waited a couple of weeks still nothing I phoned Castle Marina to ask if they had any idea what was going on "O NO the #####rs had gone bust on us" surprisingly this was no surprise so any way

there was no time to be lost, jumped straight in a taxi down the M1 to try and liberate our boat before the receivers got their hands on it. We arrived to find the boat left open with much of the cruising gear missing and none of the promised work even started, however there appeared to have been a survey judging on the chalk marks on the hull.

We have no idea if there was a buyer I suspect the survey may have been for the purpose of raising finance ???

Our insurers coughed up £1500 for a crane to put us back in the water (Saga highly recommended)

If there is a buyer out there for Peppa 2 please get in touch with us.

We are still convinced there is nothing half so fine as messing around in boats !

Phew! Terrifying story. Pleased you got your boat back and an encouraging insurance story too. Scary bit is working out how to avoid having it happen when buying or selling.

If anyone's interested, I see James Shakespeare every morning walking over the bridge next to Castle Marina going from Castle Blvd towards Queens Drive (He disappears towards Experian ironically) at about 8.30 ish. Maybe he might know where your boats/money/Findlay is/are.

Regards Bill

If anyone's interested, I see James Shakespeare every morning walking over the bridge next to Castle Marina going from Castle Blvd towards Queens Drive (He disappears towards Experian ironically) at about 8.30 ish. Maybe he might know where your boats/money/Findlay is/are.

That rules out a job at MacDonalds then!

Edited by Slimboat

• 2 months later...

This is my first post on the subject, but thought I would share what I know. My boat was being sold by Nottingham Boat Sales and has disappeared into the ether. I managed to contact Dains the accountants and insolvency practitioners whose address is also the registered address of Nottingham Boat Sales. I was told that the Director failed to attend a meeting - presumably to discuss insolvency - due to illness and they are no longer dealing with the matter. All correspondence is being forwarded to the site at Meadow Lane, Nottingham. Subsequent to this conversation I decided to report the matter to the Police at Carlton. Having been initially told that it was not a police matter, I was later contacted by a DC at Meadows Police Station who told me that the matter was under investigation and I would be visited to make a statement along with many others it seems. I have also contacted the Nottingham Post as I am surprised they have not picked up on it. All in all still no further forward - no boat no money.

This is my first post on the subject, but thought I would share what I know. My boat was being sold by Nottingham Boat Sales and has disappeared into the ether. I managed to contact Dains the accountants and insolvency practitioners whose address is also the registered address of Nottingham Boat Sales. I was told that the Director failed to attend a meeting - presumably to discuss insolvency - due to illness and they are no longer dealing with the matter. All correspondence is being forwarded to the site at Meadow Lane, Nottingham. Subsequent to this conversation I decided to report the matter to the Police at Carlton. Having been initially told that it was not a police matter, I was later contacted by a DC at Meadows Police Station who told me that the matter was under investigation and I would be visited to make a statement along with many others it seems. I have also contacted the Nottingham Post as I am surprised they have not picked up on it. All in all still no further forward - no boat no money.

Do you know where your boat physically is? Is it still at the yard?

If you want to locate your boat, putting photos and description on here would help. At least then if the police do take an interest, you could then point them in the right direction. I guess the problems would start if the present 'owner' has a signed receipt from NBS.

• 1 month later...