Lichfield & Hatherton Canals Restoration Trust needs your vote

Laurence Hogg

Featured Posts

Please help the trust secure this funding for a towpath extension:

LICHFIELD & HATHERTON CANALS RESTORATION TRUST

Lloyds Bank - Community Fund 2014 grant

The Trust has applied for a grant up to £3,000 towards extending

the Heritage Towpath Trail along the Lichfield Canal.

The Trust is now one of four contenders in the local group: the best good cause gets £3,000, 2nd £2,000, 3rd £1,000, 4th £500, determined by the extent of support by public vote.

Voting is very simple by going to https://lly-cf.com/LNC and click ‘VOTE FOR US’.

You might be able to cascade it to others through Facebook, Twitter or Linkedin.

Also, one can send a text message ‘VOTE LNC’ to 61119.

Those in the Lichfield area can visit Lloyds Bank branches in Lichfield, Rugeley or Uttoxeter and place as many plastic tokens as possible in the collecting box in the bank.

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR CAUSE NOW, AND ASK OTHERS TO DO SO TOO

before the closing date of 10th October 2014. Thank you!

Bob Williams, Director
Lichfield & Hatherton Canals Restoration Trust Ltd.
Phone: 01543 671427 Mobile: 07973 293834

Lichfield & Hatherton Canals Restoration Trust Limited is a non-profit distributing company limited by guarantee, is a Registered Charity (No 702429) and is enrolled as an environmental body with ENTRUST under the Landfill Tax regulations (No.882012). VAT registration No. 823 8213 41. Legal Registered Office: Island House, Moor Road, Chesham, Bucks. HP5 1WA. Registered in England No 2456172

Or a primary school or a child bereavement charity in the same group

I'm a bit concerned about a probably trivial point:

The award could pay for materials needed to undertake the Lichfield Canal Heritage Towpath Trail project.

Could pay for? Shouldn't it be 'will pay for'?

Richard

Voted. So has my wife, my 2 sons, and my mum!

A great cause, and for such a relatively short stretch of canal there are many obstacles to overcome. But they are succeeding slowly but surely.

As somebody else has said, the full opening of this canal would open up so much of the northern BCN as well as providing another through route option.

I voted - it's a small part of a very big project but every step helps (I hope).

Is this the canal that has a very lonely aqueduct over a motorway that comes from nowhere and goes nowhere (someone will know which one I'm talking about). Every time we pass under it I think about the expense incurred in putting it there and what a gesture of faith it represents.

I voted - it's a small part of a very big project but every step helps (I hope).

Is this the canal that has a very lonely aqueduct over a motorway that comes from nowhere and goes nowhere (someone will know which one I'm talking about). Every time we pass under it I think about the expense incurred in putting it there and what a gesture of faith it represents.

Over the M6 toll. There was a big campaign when the M6 toll was being built that the builders provide a crossing for the canal, that aquaduct is the result.