Problems in Manchester - vandals rampage on the Ashton

Laurence Hogg

Featured Posts

we did the Ashton heading into Manchester set off at 05:00 after 08:00 saw kids going to school all very pleasant about 09:00 saw the first of the alchy's settling down with their bottles of strong cider .Problems yes we had one it was a couple in a boat they had actually moored in a lock to have breakfast .

we did the Ashton heading into Manchester set off at 05:00 after 08:00 saw kids going to school all very pleasant about 09:00 saw the first of the alchy's settling down with their bottles of strong cider .Problems yes we had one it was a couple in a boat they had actually moored in a lock to have breakfast .

That seems to be the key -- do it in term-time!

Either empty or fill the lock ..... just a little hint. :)

Either empty or fill the lock ..... just a little hint. :)

We've often stopped in a lock for a quick break. There's plenty of locks that are little used especially if its early. I also remember stopping for lunch with friends on another boat. We roped up ieither side of one of those bcn gauging islands. Of course we are always happy to move on if anyone appears.

Fair enough to give them a chance. Mostly, they need taking out..

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

I'm sure we all wish we were Crocodile Dundee, but unfortunately this is the real world. I'd love to be the hard man sheriff of Dodge and just shoot to disable etc etc etc.

I can dream.

Bob

• 1 month later...

Thanks to this Government we now have a police service not a police force:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/unwanted-news-65-police-stations-2329902

I know this report is Scotland but it is happening in England as well.

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/interactive/2013/jan/09/police-station-closing-london-map

It's important to understand that since the war this country has been silently and subversively hijacked by the liberal elite, a massive experiment has been unfolding which has effectively allowed citizens to do as they please without too much state control, thereby having the freedom to live as they want, unfortunately this has spectacularly back fired to the point of no return.

​The aforementioned liberal elite have disempowered the police, undermined the working classes, made good solid parenting fearful of state reprisal, disenfranchised young people, forced schools to be reluctant to enforce behaviour management, rewarded bad behaviour and made people egocentric; empathy is lacking both on an individual and collective scale and those who demand the most from society sadly, contribute the least, I hear the wrongdoers shouting 'I know my rights…but not my responsibilities'.

• Greenie 1

It's important to understand that since the war this country has been silently and subversively hijacked by the liberal elite, a massive experiment has been unfolding which has effectively allowed citizens to do as they please without too much state control, thereby having the freedom to live as they want, unfortunately this has spectacularly back fired to the point of no return.

​The aforementioned liberal elite have disempowered the police, undermined the working classes, made good solid parenting fearful of state reprisal, disenfranchised young people, forced schools to be reluctant to enforce behaviour management, rewarded bad behaviour and made people egocentric; empathy is lacking both on an individual and collective scale and those who demand the most from society sadly, contribute the least, I hear the wrongdoers shouting 'I know my rights…but not my responsibilities'.

It's those bloody Guardian readers, with their sandals and labradors, that I blame. i detect a conspiracy theorist and secret Daily Mail reader...

It's those bloody Guardian readers, with their sandals and labradors, that I blame. i detect a conspiracy theorist and secret Daily Mail reader...

Trouble is they're both right!

I don't know the answer. Freedom or repression? Benevolent dictatorship? Shoot the politicians?

HELP

Bob

Oh!, As 'Guardian' reader, I don't own either any sandals (With or without socks) or Labrador's (Or any other breed of dog). Your average 'Guardian' pefers cats instead. For like themselves, cats are independent thinker's. Unlike 'Daily Fail' readers who are told what to think and what to believe and what to do. Just like their dog's.

Oh!, As 'Guardian' reader, I don't own either any sandals (With or without socks) or Labrador's (Or any other breed of dog). Your average 'Guardian' pefers cats instead. For like themselves, cats are independent thinker's. Unlike 'Daily Fail' readers who are told what to think and what to believe and what to do. Just like their dog's.

SHMBO is a Guardian reader. Me? I prefer Private Eye.

Bob

I dont think I would want to be a Police Officer we have a few as customers and as happens they become friends so we hear whats happening on the front line. As an ex soldier who has been in NI it sounds remarkably similar to my experiances there too much to do and not enough time to do it. Its easy to blame the Government but if they were to take money from elsewhere to help the police the dogooders would just complain its a no win situation

Peter

But if the government forced Vodafone google and amazon to pay their corporation tax.

They would not need to rob Peter to pay Paul.

Anyway back on topic, there is a group on Facebook for boaters to join and support the boaters in this marina.

Here is the link for those interested

https://www.facebook.com/groups/263387377191258/

Nobody tells me what to think - I don't read the Daily Mail btw - but I do agree with Shockabilly's every word. I have tried reading the Guardian, but every time I do, one or two pages of left wing claptrap is enough to put me off. You want brain-washing? Keep reading the Grauniad (to give it its more popular name) Oh, and there's no apostrophe in the plural of 'dog'

Actually I gave up reading the rags on account of the ridiculous bias all too evident in each and every one of them, but when I did read them I quite liked the Guardian & Telegraph so I'm not quite sure what that says about me but the Guardian tended to boil my blood more than the Telegraph…as for the Daily Mail, as far as I can see it exists merely to make people angry with each other irrespective of creed, class or colour and is best avoided if your a paid up member of the human race.

Actually I gave up reading the rags on account of the ridiculous bias all too evident in each and every one of them, but when I did read them I quite liked the Guardian & Telegraph so I'm not quite sure what that says about me but the Guardian tended to boil my blood more than the Telegraph…as for the Daily Mail, as far as I can see it exists merely to make people angry with each other irrespective of creed, class or colour and is best avoided if your a paid up member of the human race.

I don't often read much of it but I do get the Mail on Sunday because I like doing the crossword!!!

Try the Telegraph again - it's slowly drifting leftwards!