Has anyone used wemoveanynarrowboat.co.uk?

Featured Posts

Plus Denis Boyle, formerly of this forum.

They have all done quite a lot of boat moves, I think, so any of those should be quite good at it by now!

I have just spent a week on a boat move with Denis - one boat from Beverley down the River Hull and the Humber and onto the Tent - then picking up at second boat in Lincoln and on into Nottingham. Both boats had not moved for a very long time and there were a few engine problems but Den sorted them. I was very impressed.

Den I don't think visits the forum very often but if you which I can pass on contact details.

Maggie

ps would i do the Humber again? you bet I would.

Edited by maggie-y

Didn't they post on here once and then got the hump about things.

I think they got the hump because they refused to reveal whether they had public liability insurance or not - an absolute necessity if moving someone elses 20(ish) ton steel tub.

We thought we might need someone to move our boat and the two people I immediately knew I could have been truly happy to trust our boat with was either Nigel Carton or Matty. If we had done so I would have been confident to hand over the keys in the secure knowledge that our boat was in a safe pair of hands and covered by proper insurance. It turned out a window of opportunity meant we could move the boat oursleves after all.

In the process of doing so we happened to meet Denis & Maggie with the two boats she mentions in the post above. We were on the tidal sectio of the trent at the time and Denis it was very plain to us that Denis knew the rivers and how to handle them very well in a variety of boats of varying shapes and sizes. It was also very plain to us that the boats he was in the process of moving had problems consistent with boats that had not been used much (and possibly not maintained fully) over recent years but this did not faze him and he was able to keep them running and get them back safely.

I think if I ever needed to use a boat mover in the future I would strugle to know which of those three to use. I guess it would depend on availabiliy

I think if I ever needed to use a boat mover in the future I would strugle to know which of those three to use. I guess it would depend on availabiliy

Yep me too. All three are good friends of ours and I utterly trust the integrity and professionalism of them all and would happily hand the keys to our boat/home to any of them without a qualm.

Hey Maggie - can you entice Denboy back to the forum? I do miss his posts and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I think they got the hump because they refused to reveal whether they had public liability insurance or not - an absolute necessity if moving someone elses 20(ish) ton steel tub.

In fairness, I think you may be confusing a posting of mine months ago, mentioning wemoveanynarrowboat.co.uk

I am not aware that they have ever posted themselves on this site, so perhaps a little unlikely of them to "get the hump"!

It is clearly stated on their website that they have full business insurance covering them for public liability.

I have not used their services, nor those of any other boat movers, but feel sure they are all equally nice people.

In fairness, I think you may be confusing a posting of mine months ago, mentioning wemoveanynarrowboat.co.uk

I am not aware that they have ever posted themselves on this site, so perhaps a little unlikely of them to "get the hump"!

It is clearly stated on their website that they have full business insurance covering them for public liability.

I have not used their services, nor those of any other boat movers, but feel sure they are all equally nice people.

I do remember someone coming on here promoting a new boat moving service not so long ago.

People asked questions because their approach seemed somewhat amateurish. The woman of the couple, who was the one doing the posting, took offence.

I don't know if "wemoveanynarrowboat" are the same people

I do remember someone coming on here promoting a new boat moving service not so long ago.

People asked questions because their approach seemed somewhat amateurish. The woman of the couple, who was the one doing the posting, took offence.

I don't know if "wemoveanynarrowboat" are the same people

I also remember that thread, started by a 'Retired Couple' who sort of flounced away....... Definitely not the same people, Bazza !

Jo & Stu of wemove etc. are well below retirement age......though I admit almost everyone looks young to me.

Yep me too. All three are good friends of ours and I utterly trust the integrity and professionalism of them all and would happily hand the keys to our boat/home to any of them without a qualm.

Hey Maggie - can you entice Denboy back to the forum? I do miss his posts and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Hi Ange

We did talk about the forum and I don't think so - but I do think he should. Lets see

well Jo & Stuart went above and beyond for me. They have moved two boats for me. They were soo helpfu,l and I had daily updates and pics on where the boat was. I had a bit of a bathroom leak and they fixed it. The thermostat broke on the shower and they dropped in at Braunston and found a plumber who fitted a new thermostat. They were recommended to me by a large brokerage who use them all time, and I can see why. They are half the price of craning and transport and definitely do have public liability insurance.

• 1 month later...

Hi all

We did use Stuart and Jo from wemoveanynarrowboat.co.uk and they were fantastic. If anyone is reading this thread looking for someone to move their boat I would highly recommend them.

Price was very reasonable for a 10 day trip, they were also able to deliver at the exact day, time and place we requested so we could do the last two days of the move ourselves over a weekend.

Our boat broke down half way and as they are gold members of River and Canal Rescue our boat was included in their cover, so someone came and fixed the engine and all we had to pay for was the new part (a filter which was only a few quid).

Stuart and Joe also put together a snag list of things which they thought needed our attention which was brilliant as we were both newbies to narrowboats and it was great to chat to some experienced boaters who had spent a good bit of time on our craft.

I would also like to add that they are quite lovely, we enjoyed our daily update about the boat and had a eally lovely chat with them when we picked her up.

Well above the level of service I was expecting, they are great.