Graffiti and religion

homer2911

Featured Posts

I've done the football research, the data is mostly out there on www.11v11.com, but sadly although Keegan and St John both played various matches at club and international level against teams from likely countries, and Keegan sometimes scored against them, neither seems to have scored against a team containing a Jesus. My last remaining hope was Keegan's goal for Southampton v Sporting Lisboa on 21/10/1981 for which I couldn't find Sporting's teamsheet, but here Youtube shows us his goal was a penalty which went straight in, no rebound:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Southampton+v+Sporting+Lisboa%2c+21+October+1981&docid=608012948020725178&mid=847C6909AB0B12889E30847C6909AB0B12889E30&view=detail&FORM=VIRE3#view=detail&mid=847C6909AB0B12889E30847C6909AB0B12889E30

Ironically, Keegan was however captain for England in a 2-1 loss to Spain in which Spain's goals were scored by two different outfield players called Jesus:

http://www.11v11.com/matches/england-v-spain-25-march-1981-236434/

My apologies for my earlier cursory research re. the Woolwich; Jesus might still save with them but unless he sees this and posts we'll never know. I'm off to do something constructive with what's left of my day...

Free Nelson Mandela.

The variant which I remember ended "With every four gallons".

The variant which I remember ended "With every four gallons".

East Sussex CC had to redesign and shorten the official signs for "Uckfield" and "River Uck" after fun-loving locals started adding an extra letter which gave the signs a more carnal aspect. You can still make a (in)decent anagram or two out of Uckfield, though.

Edit: No, I have no idea how I ended up quoting myself in this post.

Edited by Athy

There's one somewhere on the North Circ I think that reads "give peas a chance"

M25 on the railway viaduct just north of the M40.

On the M40 approaching London just before the M25 junction, there's a wall surrounding something with graffiti that changes and occasionally gets painted over.

M25 on the railway viaduct just north of the M40.

On the M40 approaching London just before the M25 junction, there's a wall surrounding something with graffiti that changes and occasionally gets painted over.

Wasn't that the one that for years had "morning lemmings" on it?

Never seen so much 'EDL' graffiti as I did coming through Walsall/Darlaston over the weekend. Every bridge ole' and lots in between had EDL painted white in 6 foot high capitals.

Was it spelled correctly?

If it was it was probably the Muslamics and their ray guns just trying to get the EDL into trouble.

It used to have 'why do I do this every day?' painted on that fence - the act of reading it out supposed to be self enlightening.

The old girder railway bridge over the M1 just south of junction 11 (Dunstable & Luton North), which has now been replaced, used have 'Welcome to a town called Malice' daubed above the northbound slow lane

Wasn't that the one that for years had "morning lemmings" on it?

You could be right, I regularly saw it under the M4 just before the North Circular Road junction. It's still faintly there behind the campsite.

Maybe someone should start a archive of notable graffiti?

Edited by John Williamson 1955

The residents of "The Pantiles" were mortified to find some wag had blanked out the "L"

This was the name of my parents' new house, and someone in the village made a similar mistake on reading the house sign. It was the era of the Keeler scandal, so there was gossip in the village until my parents explained that it was named after the roofing material.