ACC now have a chat forum on their site.

Ex- Member

Featured Posts

throughout history individuals have often had more impact than an organisation (well Jesus did pretty well...lol)

Depending on whose version of religious mythology history, you believe!......LOL!

So are you saying individuals should have themselves crucified for the CC cause?

Depending on whose version of religious mythology history, you believe!......LOL!

So are you saying individuals should have themselves crucified for the CC cause?

I suppose it depends how strong your driver is 'at the end if the day'.....I love my life on the cut...but there's always someone who's jealous who wants to f##k it up for you!

am just looking at your sig ;-)

...it's true that you don't learn anything when you speak....

I see there have been a few posts from people wishing to join who wonder if they qualify. Out of curiosity, how many of the founder members of ACC have a designated mooring or a mooring agreement with CRT?

The Constitution does allow for 2 Council/Founders to be non CCers but no more than 2 ensuring that CCers are always in the majority.

There is no need to set up a new inclusive association. As has been mentioned Nabo exists, set up and run by people who have got off their behinds to form an association for all boaters.

It would appear that quite a number of CCers do not agree with this. I think ACC is able to work with other organisations on many issues allowing ACC to focus on issues effecting CCers

Analogy

I'm interested in buying a boat for sale at £25k. I go to the broker and say to him/her, I might want to buy that boat for £25k. The broker says give me £25k and it's yours. I say to the broker, I'd to look inside the boat to make sure it's what I want. The broker says "but it's a boat!" take it or leave it.

For an association to say "We represent your interests and support you" is not enough for me. I want to know what they're like inside.

• Greenie 1

Your welcome to look at their website that tells you what they are about, gives the latest news has a section on resources explaining your rights on Health care, winter fuel allowance etc. the only part you can not see is the social forum. Analogy look inside and outside the boat but if you want to see belowe the water line pay for it to be taken out of the water or go diving

Lol, greenie for that "anology".

The funny thing though Sue, is that throughout history individuals have often had more impact than an organisation (well Jesus did pretty well...lol).

Actually Jesus personally affected a very small number of people in a very small part of the world.

It was the formation of the christian church and extremely aggressive marketing that led to its success as the predominant superstition in the world.

Get a Roman Emperor on board and your laughing.

(Edited to add: Preferably not Caligula)

Edited by carlt
  • Greenie 1

Your welcome to look at their website that tells you what they are about, gives the latest news has a section on resources explaining your rights on Health care, winter fuel allowance etc. the only part you can not see is the social forum. Analogy look inside and outside the boat but if you want to see belowe the water line pay for it to be taken out of the water or go diving

You know how to make things clear in just a few lines.

BTW good to see you're back.

Peter.

Edited by bargemast

Actually Jesus personally affected a very small number of people in a very small part of the world.

It was the formation of the christian church and extremely aggressive marketing that led to its success as the predominant superstition in the world.

Get a Roman Emperor on board and your laughing.

Huh what did the Romans ever do for us !!

I guess if anyone in ACC learns something that would benefit us here on Canal World then they would post a thread. Having another forum does not mean that its a secret society. I have not joined but I may at some time, it takes me a long time to reach decisions.

Analogy

I'm interested in buying a boat for sale at £25k. I go to the broker and say to him/her, I might want to buy that boat for £25k. The broker says give me £25k and it's yours. I say to the broker, I'd to look inside the boat to make sure it's what I want. The broker says "but it's a boat!" take it or leave it.

For an association to say "We represent your interests and support you" is not enough for me. I want to know what they're like inside.

Pilly, As (John) Cotswoldman has said you're not going to get all the access that paying members get (and that is completely normal for other membership organisations) but you can get sufficient info to allow you to make a decision surely? If even that is insufficient then pay a tenner, join for a year, see what it is like and then, if you don't like it, let your membership lapse. Can't be any simpler than that, can it?

Roger

Pilly, As (John) Cotswoldman has said you're not going to get all the access that paying members get (and that is completely normal for other membership organisations) but you can get sufficient info to allow you to make a decision surely? If even that is insufficient then pay a tenner, join for a year, see what it is like and then, if you don't like it, let your membership lapse. Can't be any simpler than that, can it?

Roger

maybe just one other thing I could mention on the Council Section of the Website it lists all the Council members and has email address's for them all and I am sure they would welcome any questions that anyone has about the Association.

I suspect all Pilly is actually trying to do is reignite all the previous stuff that was gone over in the last long ACC thread - otherwise why get all animated about spending a measley tenner?

Okay, I found the kind of information I needed to help me make a decision to support ACC, or not.

Looking at ‘Latest News’ provides a good indication of the kind of issues that ACC are trying to deal with, and how they work.

Ah! So what you are really saying is you hadn't given the site a good "going over" first.

Oh give it up for goodness sake. It's a tenner, less than you'd pay for a round of drinks, join or don't join, your call.

Yes but...if you join an organisation like this it's also about getting involved, not just paying £10 and watching what happens. If you're going to get involved it's good to know that you are on the same wavelength as the founder members ...

Ah! So what you are really saying is you hadn't given the site a good "going over" first.

Yes, that is right.

I suspect all Pilly is actually trying to do is reignite all the previous stuff that was gone over in the last long ACC thread - otherwise why get all animated about spending a measley tenner?

£10.00 is one seventh of my weekly income. To me, that's a lot of money.

Yes but...if you join an organisation like this it's also about getting involved, not just paying £10 and watching what happens. If you're going to get involved it's good to know that you are on the same wavelength as the founder members ...

Wavelength of other members, demonstrating democracy ;-)