vetus 3cyl diesel engine.

tjderby

Featured Posts

Ok so I'm viewing another boat tomorrow from sawley. Doesn't have licence and only short bsc but that's my bargaining power lol. What I was wondering is does anyone know anything about vetus diesel engines? Personally I've never heard of it.

Edited by tjderby

A mate's boat has a 3cyl Vetus and it's a nice littIe motor...his boat is a 36ft Springer, so a similar size...

The boat at Sawley looks ok at first glance to me...I like the little single dinette ..plenty of work done relatively recently, a bit pricey maybe but open to offers....definately worth a look at I think....

I think in a small boat, presuming you don't mind making the bed up, versatility is a great thing to have.

Means you can make the best use of the available space for most occasions.

Maybe not the best for living aboard, but I'm sure many people manage.....

Vetus are like Marmite - some people like 'em, some think they are rubbish. I have a Vetus, and have absolutely no complaints except that it seems they paint them yellow so they can charge their weight in gold for any spares. However, there are ways round this for most things such as filters, heater plugs, etc. I was totally ignorant when I bought my boat and didn't know a Vetus from a velocipede, but I still wouldn't let it influence me in looking at a boat.

My only complaint is the 100 hour service interval.

My understanding is that Vetus changed this a couple of years ago to 200

The 3 pots are ok so long as they are well set up otherwise they rattle their conkers off and have a habit of breaking mounts.

My understanding is that Vetus changed this a couple of years ago to 200

Hi Richard,

Could you possibly expand on your understanding of the Vetus hours.

I find the 100 hr servicing of our 4.17 a pain, specially when most other makers do 200 - 250 services.

Bob