Dispute at Pillings

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

Ah yes another one under the spell, who thinks PL can Do No Wrong.

That's not the impression I get based on earlier posts:

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=63317&view=findpost&p=1222008

(+ others)

I think RetiredLady is clinging to the hope that things are not as bad as they seem and will turn out ok for the moorers.

That's not the impression I get based on earlier posts:

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=63317&view=findpost&p=1222008

(+ others)

I think RetiredLady is clinging to the hope that things are not as bad as they seem and will turn out ok for the moorers.

That is my impression as well

Richard

Yep, he's a shyster alright.

I hope RetiredLady is right but I can't see a quick or neat solution to the problem. Unless the Steadmans bale out QMP with the £180k and CRT are happy to renegotiate a new contract, which seems unlikely. Even if the marina is wound down I hope people don't lose too much money.

My apologies. I was confusing RetiredLady with PillingsMoorer.

MtB

(Even so, looks like PL got the RR whilst claiming poverty and couldn't pay the NAA.)

Sorry, my post was meant to highlight the fact that Mr. Lillie didn't drive a big flash car from the start based on big projected earnings, rather that it was leased / bought / acquired when the business was obviously in debt to C&RT.

Sorry for the confusion.

RL

not sure how to interpret roxy's last feed, but I have to stress that I was never involved in policy making or meetings with the steadmans, when I suggested post boxes and storage sheds, I got a call then from the steadmans telling me to keep out of things, Post boxes and sheds were eventually added though! In the 2 years I was there, matt Steadman visited about 3 times, but sat in conference with paul, I never ever emailed him or rang him or his wife. As a further aside, there is a strong rumour that paul's partner,as well as being a full time teacher at Loughborough grammar school, also draws a salary from plm.

John, the story below in The Leicester Mercury describes Chris Herbert (Mr. Lillie's life partner) as one of the directors of PLM. Perhaps that is where the information came from?

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Pillings-Lock-Marina-left-high-dry-say-bosses/story-16624850-detail/story.html

RL

OK, I'll bite..........Are you really suggesting any member on here Wants to see the moorers at Pillings Lock loose their home?

Exactly where in these 75 pages of posts have you come across anyone suggesting anything less than empathy & best wishes for the unfortunate people, who currently find themselves moored at Pillings Lock?

On a forum as large as this one, with so very many different members and their opinions; I believe after reading this thread you will find pretty much a unanimous agreement for the well being and concern of the uncertain future for those boaters who have paid money to PL so they can call Pillings Lock Marina their home. Whereby it be for residential or safe mooring for their leisure boats.

Just because you don't agree with the posts that suggest or question the unethical running practices in place; and that those people responsible should be held accountable, does not mean those same posts wish ill will on the moorers. There is only one person IMO, who should be held accountable and that is the person who has placed the moorers in this situation in the first place. The person making the decisions of how the business is run!

Bite all you like darling!! Yes aim suggesting that there are certain people not all! When you read comments saying would be good to watch the mass exodus, I just feel that there are a lot of people on this forum that are enjoying the drama, again not all.. Even at the meeting there was somebody there who left the marina a year ago who is now a "continuous cruiser" this persons boat has not moved from outside the marina in a year. What has this got to do with this person apart from drama!!

Bite all you like darling!! Yes aim suggesting that there are certain people not all! When you read comments saying would be good to watch the mass exodus, I just feel that there are a lot of people on this forum that are enjoying the drama, again not all.. Even at the meeting there was somebody there who left the marina a year ago who is now a "continuous cruiser" this persons boat has not moved from outside the marina in a year. What has this got to do with this person apart from drama!!

You are citing a couple of individuals, hardly a "majority" which is what you stated.

Can you give the board a post number where this has been said please?

Coz I think you won't be able to.

MtB

Based on the story in The Leicester Mercury "Mr Herbert said the marina made between £25,000 and £30,000 per week during the summer, compared to £4,000 in the winter." Paying CRT should not have been a problem!

Is that before or after VAT!! closedeyes.gif

Stewey

Don't forget to mention that Pillingsmoorer is a suspect member of the PLM "team as is the lady who he /she says "couldn't have put it better myself in such words" regarding the family scene and us speculating this situation.

The amount of bitter people is increasing due to the actions of its "team Leader!!

but pillingsmoorer is just that!! A moorer. And I am no way connected to Paul or any of his family or staff.

Mr Herbert said the marina made between £25,000 and £30,000 per week during the summer, compared to £4,000 in the winter.

He said: "This is our peak time when we try to get the money in the bank to last us through the winter."

Mr Lillie said: "It's a disgusting disregard for a business that is paying tax and employing 25 people.

"I'm probably going to have to make someone redundant. There's been no forethought at all."

Clearly the business is struggling if it can't weather a persons wages for week in peak season.

Based on the story in The Leicester Mercury "Mr Herbert said the marina made between £25,000 and £30,000 per week during the summer, compared to £4,000 in the winter." Paying CRT should not have been a problem!

Is that taking £25 - £30,000 or making £25 - £30,000 .... big difference, and it suggests that it's not boats that make up the majority of the turnover, but visitors to the restaurant.

I've cruised past the marina twice in the past 6 months and didn't spot anyone moored near the marina either time. I can think of only 1 "cc'er" in the area, and I didn't spot him at the meeting, nor has he been a Pillings moorer to my knowledge. Maybe your assumptions are wrong?

Can you give the board a post number where this has been said please?

Coz I think you won't be able to.

MtB

Post number 1164

I've cruised past the marina twice in the past 6 months and didn't spot anyone moored near the marina either time. I can think of only 1 "cc'er" in the area, and I didn't spot him at the meeting, nor has he been a Pillings moorer to my knowledge. Maybe your assumptions are wrong?

perhaps you will see them when you go past for the 3rd time!!!

perhaps you will see them when you go past for the 3rd time!!!

Don't really understand that comment, but if or when I do return I will keep an eye out. Perhaps you could enlighten me ...by pm to protect the individual.... Which boat I should be looking for?

Edited by Ally