Dispute at Pillings

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

Well CaRT should make their decisions on whats best for the waterways and be pragmatic about the future in my opinion

It's a very unlikely scenario though as you said.

now why would someone want two Maseratii?

One for weekdays and one for Sunday

Richard

I like the use of a proper latin plural too.

While we are off topic, is it correct though? The vehicle's name is Maserati, it isn't a maserati - it's a car. So, isn't the plural Maseratis

Richard

While we are off topic, is it correct though? The vehicle's name is Maserati, it isn't a maserati - it's a car. So, isn't the plural Maseratis

Richard

Agreed, who would say, e.g. "I have two Maseratii"?

Pretentious, or what?

more like one to come and fetch the one that has broken down!

arf

Richard

i'm fairly sure it is not correct - i used it because it sounds more elegant - masaratis sounds clumsy

I like the use of a proper latin plural too.

I thought 'Maserati' was Italian...

One for weekdays and one for Sunday

Richard

Nope, you know NUFFINK!

A stylish 'man about town' needs a red one as a daytime runabout, but a yellow one is de rigeur for pulling girls downtown at the disco late in the evening.

That's what I use mine for anyway...

arf

i'm fairly sure it is not correct - i used it because it sounds more elegant - masaratis sounds clumsy

OK, and I just like latin plurals being used. I know it is just a name so no extra i on the plural.

Another thought on the PLM debacle though, if a company has only one director, and he/she resigns, what happens then to the company?

If a majority of the occupants of the marina wanted John Lillie as part of management, there are surely legal mechanisms that would allow him to request relief from the part of the judgment restricting contact with Pillings occupants.

The occupants of Pillings really need to hire a very good solicitor if they want to gain ownership of the marina.

• Greenie 1

OK, and I just like latin plurals being used. I know it is just a name so no extra i on the plural.

Another thought on the PLM debacle though, if a company has only one director, and he/she resigns, what happens then to the company?

They just sound better. one i noted for future :)

I would guess that the shareholders appoint a new one - I'm not sure what happens if a company is directorless but i may be interested enough to look it up later

The whole world has gone to the dogs. Back in the day a company needed two directors.

We'll be finding out next that a joint stock* company can be formed with only one shareholder too, next. I ask you!

MtB

* I think that's the term my old company law book uses.

Earlier, the vehicular access rights to the marina were queried.

I have had a look at a few resources and it appears that although the access indeed does appear to be a Bridleway, there is "allowed" access to the residents and visitors of the properties on and along the lane.

Whether this was formalised when the marina was first opened however I cannot find out. Certainly the Sewerage Works and Quorn Fields Farm have access rights. Ditto the owners of land off the lane.