What a stink. Brentford / Hanwell

Bolanrex

Featured Posts

There's a really stinky bad eggs smell knocking about. Is this the filthy water being churned up? Anyone else smell it? Or maybe we've got a dead rat on board.

Were you riding a white swan through it with Deborah?

Isn't that what gas smells like?

Not quite, but I do notice a whiff in the few days running up to the day the gas runs out. A bit like rotting cabbage or sprouts.

I was told it is quite a common occurrence when there is northerners in the vicinity.

OI! I resemble that remark.....

There's a really stinky bad eggs smell knocking about. Is this the filthy water being churned up? Anyone else smell it? Or maybe we've got a dead rat on board.

Its because the bottom is to near the top - I'm surprised you didn't go aground, we did twice!

Alex

Its because the bottom is to near the top - I'm surprised you didn't go aground, we did twice!

Alex

There's a really shallow bit just as you come out of the bottom lock by the Fox, where the Brent joins. I hit that once and it kicked up an almighty stench! Barfarama!

I was told it is quite a common occurrence when there is northerners in the vicinity.

judge.gif wacks junior in the nether regions with a prickly branch ..hmm... as a proud Yorkshire tree, be relieved that moi was being gentle as it could have been a smack in the gob with moi branches plus a soggy Yorkshire pudding.......... sleep.png but moi is in a Yule tide happiness mood smile.png

Edited by tree

Try dipping a pole into the bottom in the basin and pulling it out. It'll come out coverered in stinking black mud. It's anaerobic decomposition of all the organic matter that gets washed down the canal & River Brent. Building the marina just meant increased sedimentation which stops the crap being washed into the Thames. When they dredge it it's a horrible place to be - and some people spent hundreds of thousands of pounds on flats overlooking it! laugh.png

Edited by blackrose