Ignore button

Best Mate

Featured Posts

Is there, or could there be a way of ignoring certain users, so you don't have to read the tripe they write. This forum is very good for newbies like myself for information and advice, but there a few people who would argue just to get a reaction, not to bring information to the table. its there choice to do so, but I don't wish to read it.

Is there, or could there be a way of ignoring certain users, so you don't have to read the tripe they write. This forum is very good for newbies like myself for information and advice, but there a few people who would argue just to get a reaction, not to bring information to the table. its there choice to do so, but I don't wish to read it.

Yes there is.

Don't worry about it and the posts that they make. The site goes through a few cycles like the one that you mention. I often question the motives of some people that post. It blows over after a while.

I just appreciate the value of the information that comes from this site and the members who don't have hidden hang ups and agendas.

Ignore the hostiles and appreciate the quality, the quality is far more prevalent.

I wouuld only use ignore button as a last resort as 99% of the time the poster yoy wish to ignore may well give sound advice. I use a mental ignore button it works like this. Read. Think Prat and read on.

I have only ever chosen to ignore 1 person and that is only because of the style of their posting not the content (style for some reason really irritates me)

Phil

• Greenie 1

Forum life goes through cycles - I have been a member of another forum for 14 yrs (good grief; that long!) and about every 18 months you get a set of, what can only be described as, bizarre postings - then everyone settles down again - I should daresay this forum runs winter/summer cycles (and yes, read selectively - take on board the advice and ignore the dross IMHO)

Did someone speak?

Edited by David Schweizer

Don't worry about it and the posts that they make. The site goes through a few cycles like the one that you mention. I often question the motives of some people that post. It blows over after a while.

I just appreciate the value of the information that comes from this site and the members who don't have hidden hang ups and agendas.

Ignore the hostiles and appreciate the quality, the quality is far more prevalent.

We'll put,& something ime learning to do as well in my short time here.