Need the boat lacking.

Dr Bradley

Featured Posts

Can anyone recommend anywhere between Stoke and Whaley Bridge. Don't think there is anywhere after that on the way to Sowerby bridge.

ETA The heading is that the oat is lacking blacking. I have a sticky B

Edited by Dr Bradley

If you're going from Stoke to Sowerby you could stay on the T&M and go via the Bridgewater, if that's a possible then Tim Leech (a member here) owns the dry dock at the south end of the Preston Brook tunnel, he may have a slot. He blacked mine this summer, never asked about DIY if that's what you're after. Is it getting it done for you or do you want to DIY, might have a bearing on where you go?

K

Longport brokerage, maybe? On the T&M not far from the Caldon Canal junction.

There's no dry dock, they lift the boat out using a fork lift and a pair of wheels, and chock it up on the side. DIY or they'll do the blacking for you. Blacking only on my 35 foot springer cost £80 for one coat, but she'd been there on brokerage there for a few months. Add on the cranage and storage costs in your case, obviously.

Bye!

John.

Edited by John Williamson 1955

Can anyone recommend anywhere between Stoke and Whaley Bridge. Don't think there is anywhere after that on the way to Sowerby bridge.

ETA The heading is that the oat is lacking blacking. I have a sticky B

I am lacking a boat! If I had one i could black it!

Nick

there's a council owned dry dock that my mate has used in heden ridge.

That is incredibly expensive. I enquired about it last year and it would make a DIY job ore expensive than many yards doing it. I ight rig Bronte boats though and see what he would charge as it seems I may be in Hebden for some time.

There's Portland Basin if you are heading down the PF>Ashton>Rochdale http://www.portlandbasinmarina.co.uk/dry-dock/dry-dock-charges/

Not sure Dave at Bronte has a dry dock or lift out and would probably have to use the council one which as you say is expensive. IIRC from when I enquired I am sure it was £500 for the week.

Longport brokerage, maybe? On the T&M not far from the Caldon Canal junction.

There's no dry dock, they lift the boat out using a fork lift and a pair of wheels, and chock it up on the side.

When they launched our boat that way they got half way down the slipway, pushing the boat with the forklift at the bow (and the wheels at the stern going into the water) then the driver put his foot on the brakes to slow down; all that happened was that the back wheels of the forklift went up in the air and the boat carried on down the slipway with a small cloud of concrete dust!

Edited to add picture:

keepup0019.JPG

Edited by Keeping Up

Have you thought about getting a new keyboard? The problem is spreading along the bottom row of keys.

Yes it does seem to be spreading It needs taking off and cleaning no need to spend money on a new one.

There's Portland Basin if you are heading down the PF>Ashton>Rochdale http://www.portlandbasinmarina.co.uk/dry-dock/dry-dock-charges/

Not sure Dave at Bronte has a dry dock or lift out and would probably have to use the council one which as you say is expensive. IIRC from when I enquired I am sure it was £500 for the week.

Dave uses the council drydock so I expect he has to be expensive. Portland basin is about £200 more than the average in the midlands so I might have to wit tll the spring.

PS I'll be passing through Tod in December, fancy meeting for a jar?

Edited by Dr Bradley