Boat Handling - How not to do it!!

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

Gonna try the wave thing in my 52 footer, just need to get it to Cleethorpes. As for the Police boat well they were only plastic things he/she bumped into and there are 1000's of them. Only joking honest before you attack me. Guess he is back on land in the bicycle division by now.

Just so the narrowboatists dont feel left out

And the Broads boats

Gonna try the wave thing in my 52 footer, just need to get it to Cleethorpes. As for the Police boat well they were only plastic things he/she bumped into and there are 1000's of them. Only joking honest before you attack me. Guess he is back on land in the bicycle division by now.

It broke the back of the boat the "wave thing"

Probably not advisable to try it if you like your boat

When power doesnt always give way to sail

Edited by Naughty Cal

Watched the narrowboat one three times now - isn't that how you get in a lock?

Pretty much, using the infrastructure to your advantage.

It works better if you turn the tiller the other way though and hold the bow against the side while the stern swings out. That way a 70' boat goes almost straight into the lock

Anyone know where that is? I was wondering why the boat was so far over to the right

Richard

The boats name was Challenger, not its organisation, and it looks like a Hoseasons hire boat to me.

Sorry to disappoint you

Howard

You are quite right it has got the Bluebird, missed that. I seem to recall the Challenger share boats fell by the way when I lived there, just put it down to my age.

A few years ago we hired a big van to move house for some friends (sadly some old boaters who had got too old to liveaboard, I swear they had a whole high top long wheel base worth of Ford Transit stashed away on a 50 foot NB). One of the forms that we had to sign said we were 100% responsible, no insurance, if we took the top off under a low bridge. Drove REALLY carefully

..............Dave

A friend of mine was Bridge Pilot at Wroxham for a couple of years and as he moored next to me we would have a beer and a yaen after work. I would say that about 3 times a year he would tell me about a hire boat taking it's roof off by not using the pilot. Oh and locally Richardsons boats were known as Ricco's Wrecks

Phil