Bursting with excitement!

Sade

Featured Posts

I hope you're not all getting bored of my "excited" posts!?

We got the full written survey report back last night and all was as expected (from the verbal report) and just a couple of "B" recommendations which we already knew about (anodes and blacking etc) which is all booked in for 26th September.

Tomorrow we go to meet up with the current owner who is going to do a final run through of all the boat systems, engine, generator (which we need to see working) and write us a bill of sale.

THEN WE ARE GOING TO PAY FOR THE BOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I have good reason to be BURSTING WITH EXCITEMENT AS OF TOMORROW WE WILL BE BOAT OWNERS!!!!!!!!! We're almost there, just got to have everything crossed that nothing goes wrong now ......ever the optimist unsure.png

As soon as it's a done deal, I'll post photos and share with you all the details.........

I don't think I'm going to sleep tonight!

Oh and we've got the estate agent coming today to value the house and get that on the market too EEEEK!!!clapping.gif

Well done, firstly for managing to write an entire post without typing "OMG!" ... I doubt I could have been so restrained.

Secondly I love it when people share their excitement and lift my day a little. I sincerely hope all your future posts are just as uplifting.

Thirdly - get the bubbly in the fridge ready ;)

Edited by cheshire~rose

Make sure you have insurance in place before you hand over the money.

Happy boating!

Thanks Dor, all sorted just got to pay on the day :)

Well done, firstly for managing to write an entire post without typing "OMG!" ... I doubt I could have been so restrained.

Secondly I love it when people share their excitement and lift my day a little. I sincerely hope all your future posts are just as uplifting.

Thirdly - get the bubbly in the fridge ready wink.png

Hahaha, I was quite impressed with myself for not typing "OMG" but anyway OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

I'm under strict instructions from Dean not to announce anything on facebook yet ....until we get handed the keys so hoping tomorrow will be that day!

I have a separate bank account for the champagne budget LOL cheers.gif

Many Congratulations, how exciting wink.png) Hope all goes well.

Thank you :)

Just want to add my congratulations, Well done.

Brilliant and good luck from Byfield and crew

How wonderful. Send pics of your first outing.

Oh definitely ;)

I hope you're not all getting bored of my "excited" posts!?

No Sade, not bored with your postings at all. I've been following your quest from the very beginning all those months ago and now you're virtually there I'm nearly as excited as you are OMG OMG! wink.pnglaugh.png

The pure joy and excitement in your threads is really uplifting, and reminds us of how we all felt when we bought our first boats. It's great innit !!

Well done and here's to many happy times boating.

I've been reading your posts Sade and for a minute I thought you were the woman who has just bought my boat Celestine, but you aren't. I am travelling up from Cornwall tomorrow to hand over the keys and show her round the boat. She will have a mooring on Caen Hill and has just sold up and downsizing onto my boat.

She is as excited as you are.

I had my boat 3 years and in 2011 had a cruise up from the Kennet and Avon to York and the Ripon canal to meet my nephew who was on leave from Afghanistan. I took it steady and got to Ripon in 8 weeks then over the Leeds and Liverpool< back down the Trent and Mersey, Oxford, Thames, and back to Devizes.

You will meet some fantastic people. And some bloody idiots mind. But on the whole, you will love it.

Believe it or not, I'm getting quite emotional writing this. It looks like I'm going to miss the boat more than I thought I would.

God knows what I'll be like tomorrow when I say goodbye to friends.

It's amazing isn't it.. I sat in the office at work the other day writing in a patients notes and one of my fellow nurses said "you do know you are sat there grinning" I just can't quite believe it is happening!! Have been googling cassette toilets and galvanic isolaters this evening..... Oh how my life has changed!!!! Fingers crossed for you

It's amazing!!!! We've finally paid the balance yesterday and been down to pick the keys up today. Got all the measurements for changing curtains etc.

how do I upload pictures??? I want to introduce our lovely boat to you all xxx

Yippppeee.....I just wanna get on the boat and stay on it now! We're not changing much, just want a sofa bed instead of the swivel chairs and the curtains are going....oh and the wall lights, just not our taste but we fell in love with the boat so all that stuff is just cosmetic really :)

Ah congratulations, we were exactly the same when we bought our boat, we love living on ours. We had a change round, took out the fixed seating and bought 2 swivel chairs, now have a settee.

Enjoy yourselves

thanks hun....not long now.....its ours just not on it yet....the house is very empty and echoing though! Hopefully by 30th Sept we'll be on board! wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

So glad I decided to join canalworld,so much info on here! I intend to buy a boat to live on, I have to give notice on my rented flat of around three months, I have no idea what I'm letting myself in for, wanted to do this for years but there was always a reason to hold me back but now there isn't so if anyone has the time to steer me in the right direction I would be really grateful, I am based in Essex and have seen lots of boats for sale but wondered, would it make sense to buy the boat in November and have my first experience as a complete novice during the winter or try and contain my excitement until the spring? I intend to have some instruction of course, but again, would appreciate some pointers, for instance will it be possible to do this alone? will I be able to navigate locks etc. by myself? I

am prepared to put the time in to learn as much as possible before the purchase of my boat and listen to more experienced boaters on how best to proceed