n/b treespirits re-birth

Featured Posts

Here are a few piccies of my boat 'treespirit', before and after. I have oddles of piccies but i thought best to just add a few lol... moi dont want the server to go crash,bang, wallop.

I still at the insulation stage,but i am getting there slowly adn that is all that matters :)

plus she will be just as pretty when she is finished, as she was before.

http://s1287.photobucket.com/user/treespirit1/library/?sort=3&page=1

tree :)

amazing smile.png You have my admiration.

thank you Dean, i just couldnt let her be scrapped as shes like me ancient and shes also my home and i love her to bits :)

Good work Tree, excellent its, coming along nicely, you'll soon be singing. Are your photos in before then after or after then before order. mellow.png

:) tankies Master Bizzard, ime singing all the time its one of my afflictions lol, as for the piccies LOL its amazing i got em on her at all.. been trying to sort it out for yonks. ime 3/4 insulated :)

thank you Dean, i just couldnt let her be scrapped as shes like me ancient and shes also my home and i love her to bits smile.png

smile.png tankies Master Bizzard, ime singing all the time its one of my afflictions lol, as for the piccies LOL its amazing i got em on her at all.. been trying to sort it out for yonks. ime 3/4 insulated smile.png

Never mind she's beginning to look lovely again.

:) tankies Jig, John, our Ally xx and of course our cheerful wheezey cheery up chap master bizzard :)

moi is not the most patient of people ... and ime busy doing some freelance work till i get my business up adn running over here.

I think once i get the insulation sorted and the lining up ..then fingers adn knees and eyes crossed lol... things will progress a lot quicker ... as i would like to take a trip out on her this year.. prob be xmas lol as i think my sweet lickle Perkins perama engine may be beyond repair.. hence a new engine will be needed...

never mind such is life and yes, shes is looking lovely again :)

Tree........if anyone needs inspiration they only have to read this thread.....................as I said in a previous thread its lovely to see the old Tree back again smile.pngcheers.gif

xxxx i think its a 'boaters' thingy.. we are a stubborn adn determined lot .. lots of folk said why not just take the insurance money and scrap her and get another boat..less hassle ectera... but i fell in love with her as soon as i saw her 3 years ago and knew that she would make a lovely home for me and that i would be very happy on her. So i just couldnt do it , i know it might sound daft ..but it was if she was telling me not to let her get crushed . I only wish that i didtn have such a problem with number work, as then i could have a go at all the wood work stuff :( so ime just going to read up on a lot of stuff and take my time .. and if i feel that i carnt do stuff, then will employ someone to give me a licke bit of a hand :)

What's the story of your Perkins perama engine? I have managed to resuscitate an ancient engine that had been sunk - twice*. Yours may be resurrectable

Richard

*twice sunk, not two engines

What's the story of your Perkins perama engine? I have managed to resuscitate an ancient engine that had been sunk - twice*. Yours may be resurrectable

Richard

*twice sunk, not two engines

aww.. Richard i do so hope that it could be at all possible.. if you pm me then i will give you my contact number and i can give you more information :) to be honest all i have done is work on the inside of my boat..i just cleaned out all the water from the bilges and left the engine bay lids up, so that she could dry out better..i did manage to get the 3 batteries out the other day, but apart from checking her daily to make sure she is ok so to speak.. i cannot face doing owt else as i find myself getting a bit upset/negative.. and start thinking 'tree you silly mare its just too much for you to do , you work with people and not engines and flipping boats ' .. hence my engine problems are the last thing on my mind right now. But if there could be the slightest light of hope that all could be well.. i sure would be a very happier tree :)

Well done Tree, I admire your determination.

lol aww Peter ..over the past few months i sure aint been so determined...i have been cross, grumpy, sweaty and dirty and covered in bumps and bruises hahha.. so recon its all down to being a very very stubborn Yorkshire lass...i dont like giving in to owt .. and i get worst the older i get lol....you always say such nice things... ang on a mo.... OI!! last time you did it... it cost me a 'tanner' ... hellfire and brimstone ... what do you mean it now will COST me 'half a crown'.. ;)..

Reading this thread and seeing those photo's brings a lump to my throat and a knot to my stomach.

Thinking about the enormous emotional journey you have been through and yet seeing what you have achieved already through sheer bloody mindedness determination is nothing short of a miracle.

Tree, you are an inspiration to all of us and if there is anyone reading this thread who has not been motivated to push themselves to try and achieve just that little bit more in whatever project their life is on right now then they cannot have a soul.

Just a thought, I know there are aspects of the rebuild that you will struggle with more than others. How are you at project management? Remember all those people (myself included) that offered help when we first heard of your plight? I am sure that all those people would still be willing to offer help when the time is right for you. Some of those people may have skills that could mean a job you will soldier on with and achieve very admirably could be completed a little more easily and you could see some progress without it making every muscle in your body ache. perhaps you could organise a refit banter? (no beer until the work is done though!)

Well done Tree, fantastic job. I feel for you, we are refitting to so I appreciate the sheer bloodymindedness needed to keep going even when it looks like all the hardwork will last forever. I'm sure you will have her back to her even more beautiful self and then be able to enjoy looking around and being satisfied with your huge achievement. We can't offer hands on help (every minute is spent on our boat) but if we can help with advice or anything give me a pm- the OH is a carpenter builder, so good for advice on materials and so on. Good luck !