Whittington rope cut

djangobole

Featured Posts

Hi we pulled a CaRT skip tug in which had its chains forced off a bollard the other night, we managed to be able to leap onto it to get a rope across but learnt a valuable lesson

Dont wear shorts when on a skip/rubbish tug as you never know how many rats your going to find !

I moored up in Whittington near Lichfield this week, my ropes were cut and my fenders cut off and the boat pushed into the middle of the canal, have people had trouble there before? Thanks to whoever it was that rescued my boat.

Staying on topic, a surprise to me as I have stayed there with absolutely no trouble. The natives always seem v nice.

Hi we pulled a CaRT skip tug in which had its chains forced off a bollard the other night, we managed to be able to leap onto it to get a rope across but learnt a valuable lesson

Dont wear shorts when on a skip/rubbish tug as you never know how many rats your going to find !

Sounds like the rats were on the bank not on the skip tug.

I moored up in Whittington near Lichfield this week, my ropes were cut and my fenders cut off and the boat pushed into the middle of the canal, have people had trouble there before? Thanks to whoever it was that rescued my boat.

That's really annoying. We pass through Whittington a lot and although never needed to nightstop in the village, have done so just beyond the edge of the village on the Huddlesford side with no problems. The village seems perfectly safe. I think you must have been very unlucky, of course it only takes 1 person in a village full of people to cock things up.

Staying on topic, a surprise to me as I have stayed there with absolutely no trouble. The natives always seem v nice.

That's our experience too, stayed overnight there many a time never a moment's trouble.

As nicknorman says, it only takes one, and this is the highest risk time as the schools finish and there are loads of bored kids around and about. Nowhere is totally safe, but I'd never have thought of Whittington as a problem area.

That's really annoying. We pass through Whittington a lot and although never needed to nightstop in the village, have done so just beyond the edge of the village on the Huddlesford side with no problems. The village seems perfectly safe. I think you must have been very unlucky, of course it only takes 1 person in a village full of people to cock things up.

Does not have to be a villager either

That's our experience too, stayed overnight there many a time never a moment's trouble.

As nicknorman says, it only takes one, and this is the highest risk time as the schools finish and there are loads of bored kids around and about. Nowhere is totally safe, but I'd never have thought of Whittington as a problem area.

Bloody hell, don't wish that on us ---- they have a month to go before they finish.