South Oxford - Marston Doles

Leo No2

Featured Posts

Understand the following is due to a dispute between a local landowner and CRT. It's sad when it gets to this level. I have friends caught up in this stoppage

Monday 13 May 2013 until further notice

A member of the public has placed an obstruction within the canal at Bridge 122. This is preventing boats navigating through this section safely.

We are dealing with this incident and the situation is likely to continue for at least 24 hours. Further information will follow once known.

according to NB Sokai's blog it was an animal feeder put there by a farmer in dispute with C&RT, Napton narrowboats managed to get through with a small loss of paint so he went to get something bigger, whilst he was gone Sokai made their break for freedom, they had been held up for 2 hours clapping.gif

Yes the judge is gonna say "NO BLOCKIN THE CANAL WITH YOUR CRAP" at 2.00pm. CRT are gonna get the cattle trough out, Landowner is gonna put it back IN, Pleeces will come and arrest him for contempt of court, all by about 5pm I reckon.

This is how these standoffs tend to pan out :)

MtB

Did you get any pics?

Nothing there when we went through. Or I was distracted by the queue of boats approaching me and sailed right over it :-) It was like Paddington station, with boats appearing round all corners, and strategically waiting near bridge holes for me to approach!

Nb Sokai went up the top lock as we left it going down. The assumption is then that we were bloody lucky and the trough went in just behind us. Must have been something about Kiwidad that made the farmer wait for us to go past :-)

Bridge 122, Marston Doles

Monday 13 May 2013 - Tuesday 14 May 2013

UPDATE (14 May 2013): The obstruction in the canal at Bridge 122 has now been removed and the canal has reopened.

I wonder how long before the blockage goes back in again?

• 2 months later...

Looks like its back !

Bridge 122, Marston Doles

Tuesday 30 July 2013 until further notice

A member of the public has placed an obstruction in the canal at Bridge 122. This is preventing boats navigating through this section safely.

We are dealing with this incident but the situation may continue for a period of time.

Further information will follow once known.