12 Days Till Completion

Magic Potion

Featured Posts

My packing is complete apart from the day to day bits I need until I leave here. Temporary accomodation secured and storage sorted out for 10 or so boxes. My life in cardboard! My internet is burning with boat searches and a few bookmarked for further scrutiny.

I'm both excited and nervous.

Prepared? That too, oh so prepared! This has been in planning for 3 years at least and since last easter has been in the forefront of my mind.

Timetables organised, routes plannned to various brokerages, timings worked out in detail. Routes back to Market Harborough planned from a number of areas so as to be near my storage facility. The list goes on.

Phone numbers saved too ..... from coal boats to surveyors, brokerages to insurance companies. Double and triple checking to see if I've missed anything.

12 days to go to the beginning of the biggest lifestyle change I'll ever make!

What have I missed?

Any suggestions and advice greatfully received.

I will be calling on the services of the forum members from time to time for specific advice at a later date ....

Ross

Exciting stuff! sounds as though you're certainly organised which will certainly set you in good stead. There's always those things that you can't plan for but there's some knowledgeable people here that I'm sure will keep you on the right track.

All the best!

Woo hoo !!! :) nice one Ross , bet you cant wait , been long enough , we wont be too far behind you :captain:

With two sales fallen through then delays on this one, frustration was looming. Now, I'm as ready as I'll ever be.

Exciting stuff! sounds as though you're certainly organised which will certainly set you in good stead. There's always those things that you can't plan for but there's some knowledgeable people here that I'm sure will keep you on the right track.

All the best!

Thank you! This forum has been invaluable to me so far, just reading the threads, taking in information and redefining what I'm looking for all the while. What I can't plan for, I will deal with when it happens I hope.

Well done!!! And Enjoy!!! Best decision we ever made.................been on our boat since end of October last year stuck in a marina for the winter!! We escaped on Thursday 14th and are now a full 12 miles away !!!!!

Don't worry if you've forgotten something it really don't matter anymore! Hope you find the boat of your dreams. cheers.gif

Well done!!! And Enjoy!!! Best decision we ever made.................been on our boat since end of October last year stuck in a marina for the winter!! We escaped on Thursday 14th and are now a full 12 miles away !!!!!

Don't worry if you've forgotten something it really don't matter anymore! Hope you find the boat of your dreams. cheers.gif

Thanks TG! I'm sure I'll find the right boat for me. I've looked at quite a few, both online and at brokerages,

yours included! With only a few 'must haves', I have a good wide choice out there.

Thank you! Good luck with the refit. :)

:) aww.. tankies back. Just realised its only 4 wks tomorrow till I start my new chapter, crikey time sure moves fast. I have already bought a beautiful cooker and sink, got the replacement roof tongue&groove and above gunnel boarding sourced, so its going well :)

:) aww.. tankies back. Just realised its only 4 wks tomorrow till I start my new chapter, crikey time sure moves fast. I have already bought a beautiful cooker and sink, got the replacement roof tongue&groove and above gunnel boarding sourced, so its going well :)

That's excellent news! I'll be following your progress with great interest. :)

Bet you are glad that the stove was top of your list Alan?

Almost wishing I had got a bigger one! Only just keeping boat warm enough with door open. Getting used to having one side of me roasting hot and the other side chilly.

EDIT - that is the stove door :lol:

Edited by Alanji

Almost wishing I had got a bigger one! Only just keeping boat warm enough with door open. Getting used to having one side of me roasting hot and the other side chilly.

EDIT - that is the stove door :lol:

Alan.

The open stove door is a bit disturbing, especially on a boat.

Door closed and more bottom draught with a clean ash pan should see you right for safe heat.

I assume you have carbon monoxide monitors fitted on board.

taslim.

Great news Ross. One stage nearly completed and shortly onto the next, which can be both enjoyable and frustrating (mostly the former though). Not wishing to state the obvious too much, but don't rush into anything in your anxiousness to get out of your temporary accomodation and onto the cut, and when you do find a boat make sure you have your own survey done and not rely on the seller's one. We did and it stopped us buying a duff boat a few months back. Exiting times, and you'll love it :cheers:

We're currently having a new up to date inverter fitted, and a few minor intrernal alterations carried out, then hopefully will be moving onboard to live on it over the Eater hol. Can't wait !

Neil

Alan.

The open stove door is a bit disturbing, especially on a boat.

Door closed and more bottom draught with a clean ash pan should see you right for safe heat.

I assume you have carbon monoxide monitors fitted on board.

taslim.

Yes, I have two Fire Angel CO detectors and keep checking when the door is open. For the first time yesterday one registered 17ppm so I kept the door closed for the rest of the day. And I obviously keep the door shut at night.

Guess I will just have to cough up for more Calor until the weather improves.

My packing is complete apart from the day to day bits I need until I leave here. Temporary accomodation secured and storage sorted out for 10 or so boxes. My life in cardboard! My internet is burning with boat searches and a few bookmarked for further scrutiny.

I'm both excited and nervous.

Prepared? That too, oh so prepared! This has been in planning for 3 years at least and since last easter has been in the forefront of my mind.

Timetables organised, routes plannned to various brokerages, timings worked out in detail. Routes back to Market Harborough planned from a number of areas so as to be near my storage facility. The list goes on.

Phone numbers saved too ..... from coal boats to surveyors, brokerages to insurance companies. Double and triple checking to see if I've missed anything.

12 days to go to the beginning of the biggest lifestyle change I'll ever make!

What have I missed?

Any suggestions and advice greatfully received.

I will be calling on the services of the forum members from time to time for specific advice at a later date ....

Ross

hi sorry messed that up not sure if you have found a boat yet but we have a liverboard for sale you can see it on apolloduck ref 291826 might help cheers

Edited by fastcars

Thanks for all the good luck messages. House sale complete, money in bank, I'm taking a few days aways over the holiday to chill and next week I begin the brokerage trail to view a few 'possibles'. So if anyone knows of a decent boat between 57 and 60 ft, with dinette and sf stove please let me know. Prices of no more than £33k.