Patrol Notices

RickH

Featured Posts

I'll start by saying that I've never had one and since getting my boat a year ago , I don't overstay , I continuos cruise , and bought a winter mooring ( never again ) . So I don't know what's in these notices , is it a polite "Bugger Off " , or is it a fine , do they chase the fines . I'm also going to post about my winter mooring seperatly .

Thanks all !

I'll start by saying that I've never had one and since getting my boat a year ago , I don't overstay , I continuos cruise , and bought a winter mooring ( never again ) . So I don't know what's in these notices , is it a polite "Bugger Off " , or is it a fine , do they chase the fines . I'm also going to post about my winter mooring seperatly .

Thanks all !

The overstay notices for CC'ers consist of a sheet which states "Guidance for boaters without a home mooring" - and the latest CaRT evolution of that guidance.

They will also give you a sheet containing a list of all the local Winter Moorings prices , snd s warning that overstaying is being enforced, with a levy of £25. There is no indication when, or how this starts.

Thirdly is the individually serial numbered notice of the overstay - with timed details of the spotting, exact location, boat number and name, and a reason for the overstay.

The listed possibilities are

The boat is on the waterway without permission

Failing to display a current licence

Overstaying at a visitor mooring location

Overstaying along the waterway (*how vague is that one)

Failing to display a Trust mooring permit

Causing an obstruction

No identifying marks shown

Staying on a Trust LTM without permission

Failing to comply with the guidance for boaters without a home mooring.

Occupying a berth wanted by Nicknornman on his August Bank Holiday cruise.

Other

The notice then informs the owner to contact CaRT within 3 days or continue the journey.

Full details of the enforcement officer are then provided and the note is signed.

The very last space states SAP Ref No - it would be interesting to see what SAP stands for?

This notice was issued to a boat I moved recently - the new owner had purchased 4 weeks earlier was not aware of the regulations and the boat could not be moved to it's new (marina) moorings due to the floods on the Trent and Soar.

CaRT contacted the new owner by phone - they were aware of his phone number, but not aware of the designated mooring written on the same licence application form, therefore treated the boat as a CC'er.

Which is why I'm not getting one ! :)

The brand new to boating owner of the said boat in question was really worried about this notice until I had put his mind at rest. He had moved it 3 times (Hinkley-Hawkesbury-Ansty)and this shows how the enforcement officer in that location is on the ball.

I moved the boat as far as I could with stoppages and floods and stuck a note in the window with the relevant booked marina moorings information on it. it has now been on a 48 hour mooring for 3 weeks.

The overstay notices for CC'ers consist of a sheet which states "Guidance for boaters without a home mooring" - and the latest CaRT evolution of that guidance.

They will also give you a sheet containing a list of all the local Winter Moorings prices , snd s warning that overstaying is being enforced, with a levy of £25. There is no indication when, or how this starts.

Thirdly is the individually serial numbered notice of the overstay - with timed details of the spotting, exact location, boat number and name, and a reason for the overstay.

The listed possibilities are

The boat is on the waterway without permission

Failing to display a current licence

Overstaying at a visitor mooring location

Overstaying along the waterway (*how vague is that one)

Failing to display a Trust mooring permit

Causing an obstruction

No identifying marks shown

Staying on a Trust LTM without permission

Failing to comply with the guidance for boaters without a home mooring.

Occupying a berth wanted by Nicknornman on his August Bank Holiday cruise.

Other

The notice then informs the owner to contact CaRT within 3 days or continue the journey.

Full details of the enforcement officer are then provided and the note is signed.

The very last space states SAP Ref No - it would be interesting to see what SAP stands for?

This notice was issued to a boat I moved recently - the new owner had purchased 4 weeks earlier was not aware of the regulations and the boat could not be moved to it's new (marina) moorings due to the floods on the Trent and Soar.

CaRT contacted the new owner by phone - they were aware of his phone number, but not aware of the designated mooring written on the same licence application form, therefore treated the boat as a CC'er.

SAP is an enterprise level business operations/customer relations management piece of software.

Hi,

The replies seem to refer only to CC'ers. Would I be correct in thinking that any boat which overstayed on a mooring could expect a notice. As I understand it the only difference is the distance that CC'ers have to move. I ask as I find I'm spending so much time on the boat that I'm thinking of giving up my home mooring and just finding a winter mooring.

The idea is that you don't get them.

If you abide by the guidelines which you signed up for then you have nothing to worry about and won't get patrol notices.

sorry but you are wrong on this one, BW issued me with one after 4 days on a 14 day mooring at Wolvercote, had come from Kings Sutton (5 day stay there and before that 6 days at Norton Junction) I complied 100% with the petty rules and still got crap from BW!

sorry but you are wrong on this one, BW issued me with one after 4 days on a 14 day mooring at Wolvercote, had come from Kings Sutton (5 day stay there and before that 6 days at Norton Junction) I complied 100% with the petty rules and still got crap from BW!

Can you scan in and show us the one of the 4 day stay on the 14 day mooring?

Why? because you don't believe it?

A friend of mine was issued with one (overstay notice)in Loughborough after 9 days on a 14 day mooring (not even signed VM). This was BW/CaRT trying to clear the moorings for a fishing competition.

I had one where the crime was "blocking a visitor mooring".

I came back to the boat within a few hours of the litter being stuck on my boat to find the visitor mooring which is at least 300 yards long completely deserted apart from us !!!!!! it is normally empty apart from the holiday seasons when it is a weekend stop for the hire boats.

Now if the twonk had stated that I had over stayed that would be fair enough, just.....

Steve

Thanks all !

You will never see one. I have never had one in 23 years. Its simple obey the very few simple rules and they do not exist :cheers:

Tim

sorry no never kept it, had a heated discussion with Braunston Office at the time about the notice and the 3 day restriction on everything south of there, which if they had sorted out the long lines of blatant overstayers would not have been necessary.

You will never see one. I have never had one in 23 years. Its simple obey the very few simple rules and they do not exist :cheers:

Tim

your optimistic there Tim as already there are 2 instances of BW changing the rules to suit themselves in this thread, doubt Cart will be any different!

When CRT dredged our moorings they asked us if we could all move for a couple of days. No problem and we set about a shuffle so the dredgers could start one end and we would shift accordingly.

My mate works away a lot so I moved his boat into a vacant mooring next to mine. Within three days he had a notice on it saying that he wasn't allowed to moor there. Literally six feet from his mooring.

Edited by Wanted