Interesting canalside properties for auction.

carlt

Featured Posts

be interesting to see what lot 187 goes for.

Definitely,

Thats space for 3 x average narrowboat moorings, water and power cannot be far away so for less than about £8k each a mooring with parking and room for a shed or two, thats at a price of only a couple or three of years marina payments !

Absolute bargain. Who wants to join together and buy it ?

Old git

It will perhaps appeal to someone wishing to build a waterside house - quarter of an acre is a pleasant-sized plot for a house. Much depends on whether planning permission is possible of course. Mains services can't be much of a problem if there's a residential road behind it.

A house will be build, or maybe even flats. Moorings will be restricted soon after, following complaints from the new rezidentz

Bit of a history of flooding in that area, I'd not be surprised if the planners stopped any building at all. Being a cynic, I'd suggest the only reason that land is being sold in this way is because no builders wanted it before now.

I'd have a very quiet word with a tame CRT bod first because as soon as word got out that mooring would be permitted you could add a nought to the site value.

[/quote

News ,

I have asked

Mooring more than likely allowed.......no residential they object to it !

Might be worth a punt now

• 2 weeks later...

ooh you be careful - Mr Salem will be sending the black silent helicopters to get you.................

Oh good your about! Cotswoldman has been trying to contact you about the folk it seems have set up camp on the towpath at Hilmorton.

See this thread

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=54275

Another canalside property, albeit on the towpath side, near Anderton. Jackson's Turn, a lengthsman's cottage. Way overpriced in view of the amount of work that needs doing, but that is not unusual for ex-BW properties. Also, again like many ex-BW properties, there may well be issues over access. Whilst there is a track leading to it, these often have no right of way for a vehicle.

Currently 'under offer'

My link

passed Wardle Lock Cottage today as well, - looking rather sad, clearly never been lived in since being sold.

Edited by dor