Warning

system 4-50

Featured Posts

at this time.

I have been transcribing birthdays from my 2012 calendar to my 2013 calendar, and what has become apparent is that the activity that causes boats to become smaller (or even too small) is at a peak for about six weeks from the middle of January.

Please be careful out there, particularly if your boat is already quite small!

• Greenie 2

People, children, have birthdays, which lead to more and larger people onboard, which clump around weeks 3-9 of the year. Afaik.

Daniel

And a steel boat will contract a bit in the cold making it smaller too, but bigger from spring onwards as it expands again.

People, children, have birthdays, which lead to more and larger people onboard, which clump around weeks 3-9 of the year. Afaik.

Daniel

Which would be the six weeks from the middle of October, if the activity is as the OP suggested. Both of our sons were born in this 'birthday window'!

• 2 years later...

Looking at the official statistics for the UK here (a much bigger sample size than System 4-50's friends and relatives):

http://data.un.org/Data.aspx?d=POP&f=tableCode%3A55

what strikes me is that there is hardly any seasonal variation in births at all. You'd have thought the weather or some other seasonal factor would make some difference but no, apparently not.

In the last two years February has the least, but that'll be because it has less days...

It is that time again, when a lack of carefulness that can cause your boat to become smaller in 9.5 months time, is more common.

Not to mention bills for 20 years.

are you implying that in this cold weather there could be the sound of little feet in 9.5 months time, hence the boat getting smaller?

There are exceptional circumstances where a baby's conception can be linked to the weather. Our boy is a hurricane baby, born 9 months after the 1987 hurricane which left our village in Kent without power for a week.

After all what's a young couple to do with themselves with no telly for a week?

(We'd probably dig out candles, playing cards and board games nowadays but we were young then :D,)

Looking at the official statistics for the UK here (a much bigger sample size than System 4-50's friends and relatives):

http://data.un.org/Data.aspx?d=POP&f=tableCode%3A55

what strikes me is that there is hardly any seasonal variation in births at all. You'd have thought the weather or some other seasonal factor would make some difference but no, apparently not.

In the last two years February has the least, but that'll be because it has less days...

Ok. A slight repositioning is necessary. Take particular care not to become a friend or relative of mine in the next 6 weeks if you are a younger couple living in a smallish boat.