At last I've become a boat owner

comfortably numb

Featured Posts

Finally after 2 purchases which fell through due to unsatisfactory surveys we've finally purchased a 62' narrowboat. There are a few minor remedial rectifications to be carried out, all of which have been agreed by the broker so once that's all been done we will be the proud owners. Unfortunately due to the Christmas holiday this won't be done for a week or two so we will have to wait until after the holiday period for our maiden voyage.

So after all the months of research using books, magazines, and most important of all the tremendous help and advice from you wonderful folk on this forum we have finally fulfilled our dream and hopefully next April when we've got the boat ready and our house let we will become full time liveaboards.

Thanks to you all for your invaluable help and advice. We know we've finally found the right boat and much of this is down to you lot on here.

:cheers:

Finally after 2 purchases which fell through due to unsatisfactory surveys we've finally purchased a 62' narrowboat. There are a few minor remedial rectifications to be carried out, all of which have been agreed by the broker so once that's all been done we will be the proud owners. Unfortunately due to the Christmas holiday this won't be done for a week or two so we will have to wait until after the holiday period for our maiden voyage.

So after all the months of research using books, magazines, and most important of all the tremendous help and advice from you wonderful folk on this forum we have finally fulfilled our dream and hopefully next April when we've got the boat ready and our house let we will become full time liveaboards.

Thanks to you all for your invaluable help and advice. We know we've finally found the right boat and much of this is down to you lot on here.

Right behind ya! I hope. Although you'll lose me in the narrowways.

2late

Congrats :cheers: Looks like we are in the same position. I completed last week and spent a couple of nights on board, with a short outing (weather was awful) and works being done in January. If the weather is decent I plan to have a little trip before the Luff banter - not far as in Nottingham and I will not be venturing onto the Trent. Plan to start cruising in March - if I can wait that long!

Piccies Please.........We are a visual lot

Ah thats wondeful news :cheers:

I'm loving my recently bought narrowboat. I'm setting off on it's maiden voyage on Boxing Day to Barton so if you see "Cotton Dancer" on your travels then give me a wave. I'm going to rename my boat KYLEMOOR as Kyle is my surname and Kyle means straight/channel inlet of water.

James :cheers:

Well done OP . . .

A couple of years ago we felt as excited as you . . .

But having lived aboard since then . . . . .

I'm delighted to say that we feel even happier now!!!! :cheers:

Yep - that sums it up for us too! I shall never forget the pure joy of becoming boat owners for the first time.

Congratulations - what a wonderful Christmas prezzie :cheers:

Hobo1_zps22754cdb.jpg

Many thanks for all your kind comments (and the humorous ones too :D ). We can't wait to take her out for a run.

It's a 1996 Colecraft 62' cruiser stern

There's a bit of work to be done to it but nothing major. The seller has been the owner from new and it has been serviced and maintained regularly, and appears to have been looked after.

We didn't really want the stern pram hood cover but have decided it might be useful for the winter when we plan to be marina based, and then remove it for cruising afterwards.

• Greenie 1

HI, don't forget to lower the pram hood before you set off up the North Oxford and a few bridges North of Brinklow Marina are tight with a pram cover erected.

Voice of experience here, we did manage to stop and had to lower our's at a couple of bridges

Boatingbiker

Many thanks for all your kind comments (and the humorous ones too :D ). We can't wait to take her out for a run.

It's a 1996 Colecraft 62' cruiser stern

There's a bit of work to be done to it but nothing major. The seller has been the owner from new and it has been serviced and maintained regularly, and appears to have been looked after.

We didn't really want the stern pram hood cover but have decided it might be useful for the winter when we plan to be marina based, and then remove it for cruising afterwards.

I nearly beat you to it but unfortunately (or fortunately for you) it was a bit over my price range. She is a lovely boat and I am sure will give you much enjoyment. Hope to see you on the cut. Or are you going to the Luff banter?