RIVER TRENT SAWLEY

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

Sounds worse than Tims side - Looks like you have water in yr keyboard :cheers:

its the champers he keeps sperling not the water.......

by the way, don't attempt to use the toilets when it goes above the concrete level...fighting0024.gif

A50 should be fine, we went thru willington today on the boat and traffic was moving as normal, further up tho the A38 is under water.

Ally, that means you will have to boat down the A50 to Willington, the usual 4mph doesn't apply however, except past the service station.

Edited by matty40s

its the champers he keeps sperling not the water.......

by the way, don't attempt to use the toilets when it goes above the concrete level...fighting0024.gif

Ally, that means you will have to boat down the A50 to Willington, the usual 4mph doesn't apply however, except past the service station.

:clapping::cheers:

Just come to work on the train from Loughborough to Nottingham. The Soar has definitely dropped around Loughborough but still appears high at Kegworth. The Trent is very high still, Thrumpton weir is but a few large ripples in a sea of water - it is effectively level!

At Trent lock there appear to be floating dinghies at the sailing club, the towpath has disappeared and the water is about a foot from the top of the flood banks. Trackman says that the Tame at Tamworth has not dropped much so there is obviously a lot of water still to get into the Trent.

Does anyone know how close to the 2000 levels the Trent now is?

A50 should be fine, we went thru willington today on the boat and traffic was moving as normal, further up tho the A38 is under water.

Elanor just made it bringing Sally to us for the day, so the connection between the A38/A50 junction (Toyota) and Findern Road must be OK. She didn't stop to chat as she works at Drakelow on the S side of the river, and that's another problem altogether… unsure.gif

Does anyone know how close to the 2000 levels the Trent now is?

Just checked EA website and they state Shardlow as being point two of a metre below highest ever, whatever that means. I do wish they would use imperial measurements in England and not foreign crap.

Tim

Checked the levels in the marina at 0030 and 0300 today. Still rising but must have peaked aroubd 0300 since now the level is down an inch. Still about 9" over the top of the pontoons but going the right way.

Still no mains here and our batteries def need replacing!

Checked the levels in the marina at 0030 and 0300 today. Still rising but must have peaked aroubd 0300 since now the level is down an inch. Still about 9" over the top of the pontoons but going the right way.

Still no mains here and our batteries def need replacing!

Hey Keith you need to move out of that depressing Gulag end behind the machine gun posts and come to our lovely spacious end where we still have Lectric :D

Tim

Funny how ipods deteriorate after nightfall eh? ;)

No its nof the ipod. It is my eyesight. Minimal lighting to save batteries and an oil lamp along with bilateral cataracts replacement lenses nean I do not see too well in the dark.

Hi mate

Road is closed and the river is running right round the marina as well as down Tamworth road but I suppose at its deepest on Tamworth road it still is not more than 18 inches deep. There is a tranny van broken down there and its up to its front bumper plus a bit more. Still rising mind but not scary yet. :cheers:

Tim

Tim,

What's it looking like this morning, last evening Shardlow Marina was up about three metre's, up here in "Vasey" it has stair rodded most of the night, although it as stopped now. Usually take's a day and half to peak down at Shardlow, so finger's crossed it could be looking better for the weekend. I was for contacting Jon Mack for this weekend who you had sugested, but until thing's improve I will have to leave it a while, anyway it is not as if we would be going anywhere, is it.

Tim,

What's it looking like this morning, last evening Shardlow Marina was up about three metre's, up here in "Vasey" it has stair rodded most of the night, although it as stopped now. Usually take's a day and half to peak down at Shardlow, so finger's crossed it could be looking better for the weekend. I was for contacting Jon Mack for this weekend who you had sugested, but until thing's improve I will have to leave it a while, anyway it is not as if we would be going anywhere, is it.

Hellloooo

The level rose last night and this morning the basin water level is lapping the path. The fields, canal and River are now as one for as far as you can see but I think it is about to recede or maybe I am just hopefull. Jon should be ok as I can see his boat from here and its still floating :lol: We still need to make that beer one day.

Tim

Hellloooo

The level rose last night and this morning the basin water level is lapping the path. The fields, canal and River are now as one for as far as you can see but I think it is about to recede or maybe I am just hopefull. Jon should be ok as I can see his boat from here and its still floating :lol: We still need to make that beer one day.

Tim

Tim,

You alway's seem to be working weekend's when we are down at Shardlow,any good Bass around in the region now?

Tim,

You alway's seem to be working weekend's when we are down at Shardlow,any good Bass around in the region now?

Has there EVER been any good Bass? :lol: Will try to suss some out. The Crown at Shardlow does a few beers and of recent the good old Steamboat is getting better, four of us went in last week and he had 5 brilliant ales on from Shardlow brewery all spot on. We used to use the Steamboat regularily twenty or so years ago and it was great but allas like many suffered later on from closure etc. New chap seems very decent, even gave us a free pint and will bring it up from the cellar in jugs :cheers:

Tim

I'm surprised Tim isn't working today, Pappa L, I bet he's swinging the lead!

I would have thought he's be white-water cruising in The Nottingham Princess :lol:

Took the Princess out on Saturday night. Too high to get under Trent bridge and great fun turning but well within our limitations. River has gone up a lot since then so we have cancelled yesterdays and todays sailing so far. Will see what tomorrow brings as we have another party booked tomorrow evening :cheers:

Tim

Has there EVER been any good Bass? :lol: Will try to suss some out. The Crown at Shardlow does a few beers and of recent the good old Steamboat is getting better, four of us went in last week and he had 5 brilliant ales on from Shardlow brewery all spot on. We used to use the Steamboat regularily twenty or so years ago and it was great but allas like many suffered later on from closure etc. New chap seems very decent, even gave us a free pint and will bring it up from the cellar in jugs :cheers:

Tim

Took the Princess out on Saturday night. Too high to get under Trent bridge and great fun turning but well within our limitations. River has gone up a lot since then so we have cancelled yesterdays and todays sailing so far. Will see what tomorrow brings as we have another party booked tomorrow evening :cheers:

Tim

Tim, Dave,

Seem's no one's working to-day, I have spoken to Jon and he is away in Thailand, the previous owner of my boat spent a considerable time also in Thailand, what is the attraction, do they sell "Bass" there?

Now then Keith. How much security do you want? my problem with this place is there is too much poxy security. For instance this evening to get to your boat peeps have to go through not one but two very big padlocked gates, even during the day your Gulag section is locked all the time behind one huge steel gate. Luckily for me during the day I can actualy get to my boat without having to unlock a gate which is why I am at the best mooring spot and aint moving. Do you think the marina should provide armed guards to each pontoon or perhaps we could all become vigilantes ;)

Tim

I just want what they advertise "extensive CCTV coverage".

Whilst I accept that the gates are each end look good, the pathetic perimeter fencing makes them almost useless at preventing pedestrian access.

If they did it properly it would be like Mercia with electrically operated vehicle and pedestrian access via a key fob.

Then you would not have to moan when you get home late at night/early in the morning and have to fight your way in!

Just received a flood warning email from the EA as thu s:-

Important Information.

A Flood Warning has been issued by the Environment Agency for the River Trent at Sawley Marina, including Sawley Lock.  

Flooding is expected for River Trent at Sawley Marina, including Sawley Lock until tomorrow afternoon.  

Immediate action required.

Flooding is occuring at Sawley Marina including Sawley Lock.            

The current level at the Shardlow river gauge is steady.  Levels should begin to fall tomorrow morning.   Further light rainfall is forecast over the next day.

- Act now to protect yourself and your property.

- If it's safe to do so, block doors with flood boards or sandbags and cover airbricks and other ventilation holes.

- If you are caught in a flash flood, get to higher ground.  Stay away from flood water and don't take risks.  

- Move family, pets and valuables to a safe place.  

- Keep a flood kit ready including a torch, batteries, fully charged mobile phone, warm clothes, water, food and any prescription medicines you may need.

- If it's safe, make sure your neighbours are aware of the situation and offer help to anyone who may need it.

- Avoid walking, cycling or driving through flood water.

- Turn off gas, electricity and water if your property is about to flood.  Never touch an electrical switch if you are standing in water.

- Call Floodline on 0845 988 1188 using quickdial 05221151 for up-to-date flooding information.

- Keep an eye on local water levels and weather conditions.  The Environment Agency website contains details of river level and flooding information and can be accessed at www.environment-agency.gov.uk.

Contact

Environment Agency Midlands Region

East Area Flood Warning Duty Officer

Nottingham Area Incident Room

West Bridgford

Nottingham, NG2 5FA

Tel: 0845 988 1188  Fax: 0800 587 6032

Please do not reply to this email.  If you want more information about flooding or to stop receiving these emails, please phone Floodline on 0845 988 1188 or log onto Floodline Warnings Direct at www.environment-agency.gov.uk/floodline.

Just received a flood warning email from the EA as thu s:-

Important Information.

A Flood Warning has been issued by the Environment Agency for the River Trent at Sawley Marina, including Sawley Lock.  

Flooding is expected for River Trent at Sawley Marina, including Sawley Lock until tomorrow afternoon.  

Immediate action required.

Flooding is occuring at Sawley Marina including Sawley Lock.            

The current level at the Shardlow river gauge is steady.  Levels should begin to fall tomorrow morning.   Further light rainfall is forecast over the next day.

- Act now to protect yourself and your property.

- If it's safe to do so, block doors with flood boards or sandbags and cover airbricks and other ventilation holes.

- If you are caught in a flash flood, get to higher ground.  Stay away from flood water and don't take risks.  

- Move family, pets and valuables to a safe place.  

- Keep a flood kit ready including a torch, batteries, fully charged mobile phone, warm clothes, water, food and any prescription medicines you may need.

- If it's safe, make sure your neighbours are aware of the situation and offer help to anyone who may need it.

- Avoid walking, cycling or driving through flood water.

- Turn off gas, electricity and water if your property is about to flood.  Never touch an electrical switch if you are standing in water.

- Call Floodline on 0845 988 1188 using quickdial 05221151 for up-to-date flooding information.

- Keep an eye on local water levels and weather conditions.  The Environment Agency website contains details of river level and flooding information and can be accessed at www.environment-agency.gov.uk.

Contact

Environment Agency Midlands Region

East Area Flood Warning Duty Officer

Nottingham Area Incident Room

West Bridgford

Nottingham, NG2 5FA

Tel: 0845 988 1188  Fax: 0800 587 6032

Please do not reply to this email.  If you want more information about flooding or to stop receiving these emails, please phone Floodline on 0845 988 1188 or log onto Floodline Warnings Direct at www.environment-agency.gov.uk/floodline.

aren't you glad you have been made aware of this......now you can act on their advice before it comes......

either that or they have realised what effect the Ladybower surge is going to have on an already full Trent!!!

Edited by matty40s