Pump Out

ditchcrawler

Featured Posts

Probably, but I couldn't get the binoculars out in time to read it before I passed/

But if you arrive needing a pump out your binos' will be superfluous...

I don't get the point you are making in your OP..

Perhaps he's making the point that March now has a smart new pump out station.

Perhaps - is there anything to suggest it's operation is different from the numerous PO stations across the land?

The fact that it's on the Middle Level, so a card from BW or EA probably won't work it.

Which brings us back to the large notice board adjacent to it...

I wonder if the instructions could possibly be on there?

Or Ok -

How do boaters on the Middle Levels operate PO machines, could this be the same?

Edited by The Dog House

Which brings us back to the large notice board adjacent to it...

They could be. What we need is someone passing with binoculars, or someone who can stop there, or someone who already knows.

ETA - The instructions on most BW pumpouts don't tell you where to get a card from

Edited by Keeping Up

They could be. What we need is someone passing with binoculars, or someone who can stop there, or someone who already knows.

ETA - The instructions on most BW pumpouts don't tell you where to get a card from

I wonder why the OP on discovering this new phenomenon just didn't think...

'Oooh that looks new I wonder how that might work....'

And step off and check it out.....

Sorry, must be me, but I just cannot see why this topic is in any way contentious, so why the challenge? Is not the O.P making an observation of a rare and new beast in that locality and pondering where tokens may be obtained. :rolleyes:

Edited by johnmck
  • Greenie 1

Or Ok -

Could be that the op is wondering the same hence his stating he may stop on the way back , can you answer his question rather than repeat it.

Sorry, must be me, but I just cannot see why this topic is in any way contentious, so why the challenge? Is not the O.P making an observation of a rare and new beast in that locality and pondering where tokens may be obtained. :rolleyes:

I agree John, no need.

No 'challenge' as you put it.

I just think the OP would be more helpful by not drifting past but by adding the info. on how to use it that to me 'could' be on the adjacent poster/notice.

Just - how long would it have taken to stop.

If it is not fairy nuff.

I agree John, no need.

Good post,,

Could be that the op is wondering the same hence his stating he may stop on the way back , can you answer his question rather than repeat it.

I'm wondering why he didn't check it out on his way out....

The fact that it's on the Middle Level, so a card from BW or EA probably won't work it.

Things are different in the Fens. For a start, being below sea level means our pump-out machines need bigger pumps ;)

Normal cassettes still work though....

MP.

Perhaps the ANSWER may be found here ................ http://middlelevelwatermensclub.com/Our_Club.html

Quote :- The Middle Level Watermen’s club is based a few minutes walk from the centre of the historic town of March. A good shopping area and a market place that opens twice a week (Wed. & Sat.). By the town bridge there is a FREE pump-out & Elsan disposal station.

Perhaps the ANSWER may be found here ................ http://middlelevelwatermensclub.com/Our_Club.html

Quote :- The Middle Level Watermen’s club is based a few minutes walk from the centre of the historic town of March. A good shopping area and a market place that opens twice a week (Wed. & Sat.). By the town bridge there is a FREE pump-out & Elsan disposal station.

Free, free you say ??.... outrageous....

Edited by The Dog House

Perhaps the ANSWER may be found here ................ http://middlelevelwa...m/Our_Club.html

Quote :- The Middle Level Watermen's club is based a few minutes walk from the centre of the historic town of March. A good shopping area and a market place that opens twice a week (Wed. & Sat.). By the town bridge there is a FREE pump-out & Elsan disposal station.

The pump-out is no longer free,

It now a eye watering £18 for a token from the council office in Broad Street

Mondays,Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Friday 9am-4pm

Saturday 9.am - noon

So if you need a pump-out on a Thursday or Sunday you had it.

The pump-out is no longer free,

It now a eye watering £18 for a token from the council office in Broad Street

Mondays,Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Friday 9am-4pm

Saturday 9.am - noon

So if you need a pump-out on a Thursday or Sunday you had it.

Unless you've been smart enough or not to tight to buy one in advance.

Glad to say that over here on the EA Gt. Ouse it's still free, or at least included in our river fees.

Just spoke to the council, price is just under £13 and tokens can be purchased at Service Shop 8 Broad Street, March, PE15 8TP or George Campbell Leisure Centre, City Road, March, Cambs, PE15 9LT.

I notice from the picture the the locks on the doors have been changed so new keys may have to be purchased to access the the water and Elsen disposal point.

Council meeting clicky.

I spoke to someone at foxes the last time i had a pump out and they had put in a quote for £10000 to renew the pump, obviously the council had money to burn if it cost them £25000!

Edited by wonderdust

I wonder why the OP on discovering this new phenomenon just didn't think...

'Oooh that looks new I wonder how that might work....'

And step off and check it out.....

Because I didn't want to stop, took a photo as I passed as I was not expecting it to be installed until next year. But as I also said, I will stop and get the info on my way back.

Is this a £10 argument or a £5 one?

No there isn't

Because I didn't want to stop, took a photo as I passed as I was not expecting it to be installed until next year. But as I also said, I will stop and get the info on my way back.

Is this a £10 argument or a £5 one?

I thought it's been subsequently established it costs a lot more.... :unsure:

Just spoke to the council, price is just under £13 and tokens can be purchased at Service Shop 8 Broad Street, March, PE15 8TP or George Campbell Leisure Centre, City Road, March, Cambs, PE15 9LT.

I notice from the picture the the locks on the doors have been changed so new keys may have to be purchased to access the the water and Elsen disposal point.

Council meeting clicky.

I spoke to someone at foxes the last time i had a pump out and they had put in a quote for £10000 to renew the pump, obviously the council had money to burn if it cost them £25000!

They changed the locks some time ago but left the water point door with a Middle Level lock on it. I don't know if there is any Elsan disposal there now.