STOP IT ! !

Proper Job

Featured Posts

<snip>

Can the '12 year old' members not stick to the virtual pub topics, where they can act out their '12 year old selves' to their hearts' content????????

I sorry you don't like the way that the members of this group you have joined behave. I don't plan to change though

Richard (12)

My sensible hat on for a sec, I can see what you are saying Davet45 but looking at the bigger picture over the last few days there has been a load of threads that have been pretty full on. PJ asked for it to stop and most agreed. The mods have dealt with the issue for now. For some reason we got onto bird puns, which in my opinion has been a lot more fun than some of the recent threads.

Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy it and find it useful. I hope you don't think that I'm trying to ruffle your feathers.

Well said , as a new member you quickly learn to ignore some of the aggressive or arrogant postings (but sometimes they make the best reads) however there is some good stuff and genuinely helpfully people on here.

Yes. If said member is deferent enough then you're fine and helpful with them. It they dare to criticise any member's posting or posting style then you're at them like a rottweiller. At least 2 new members have been driven from the forum on their first day by your aggression and rudeness.

You asked :)

-

Queer innit -

Someone walks into a pub and slags off the conversation already under-way and I would reckon they would get a hard time...

For some reason Ange you are being selective in slagging off members who have previously done exactly the same...

ed to add - I've remembered the reason - I really thought we;d moved on... :(

Edited by MJG

Yes. If said member is deferent enough then you're fine and helpful with them. It they dare to criticise any member's posting or posting style then you're at them like a rottweiller. At least 2 new members have been driven from the forum on their first day by your aggression and rudeness.

You asked :)

Yep. It does come across that way.

-

Queer innit -

Someone walks into a pub and slags off the conversation already under-way and I would reckon they would get a hard time...

For some reason Ange you are being selective in slagging off members who have previously done exactly the same...

I didn't expect you to understand - anyway I've said my piece so I'll back out now.

Just by the by the "12 year old humour" is what makes the forum for me & Dave! I actually don't agree with what Davet45 said, I just defend his right to say it without being told to basically bugger off to another forum if he doesn't like it.

I'm done. Time for a few glasses of wine cos it's Friday :cheers:

Well said , as a new member you quickly learn to ignore some of the aggressive or arrogant postings (but sometimes they make the best reads) however there is some good stuff and genuinely helpfully people on here.

As a new member you shouldn't need to... Aggressive or assertive debate between long standers is fine but noobs get picked on.. folk do try to pick up on it; me less so, but it still happens and it's not on!

ed to add - I've remembered the reason - I really thought we;d moved on... :(

Damn - the edit drags me back in!

It isn't because of that and we have moved on. I will still wade in if I think you're being unreasonable with a new member because I think it's very wrong. I don't like to because I hate arguments but feel someone has to. It's got nothing to do with our previous issue, which is definitely resolved.

Now I'm out - where's that wine gone?

Damn - the edit drags me back in!

It isn't because of that and we have moved on. I will still wade in if I think you're being unreasonable with a new member because I think it's very wrong. I don't like to because I hate arguments but feel someone has to. It's got nothing to do w ith our previous issue, which is definitely resolved.

Now I'm out - where's that wine gone?

The forum has been trolled to death over recent days by new posters, and I will wade in if I think they are being unreasonable, sometimes I may get it wrong...

others make the same mistake...

Again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, down, down, deeper and down

Richard (12)

That's a good QUO..........te. Should restore the status.

Acting my shoe size mode.

Edited by Ray T

Ah, the lesser spotted thatcher...or am I having a bad dream...

;)

No need to call me flat head.

I did consider the alternative...