STOP IT ! !

Proper Job

Featured Posts

Ladypeople and Gentlebods. I fear in all this goodish-natured bantering and general kerfuffle, we seem to be ignoring what day this is

What day is this?

Why, 'tis Frriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy!!!

The working week is at an end. We have cast of the chains of servitude, flicked vees at the oppressors of the working person, pocketed the cash and are free. Free! FREE!!! to cruise the waterways of Britain, fettle our craft, polish our brasses, knurdle our splodcobblers, drink, eat and make merry. Perhaps some fornication if you're lucky

Put aside these petty squabbles and celebrate with me the oneness of this mighty community, all a-joined by our love of canal, boats and all that therein are accumulated

Tis Frriiiiiiiiiiiiidaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy!!!!

Richard

My glass is empty

• Greenie 1

Ladypeople and Gentlebods. I fear in all this goodish-natured bantering and general kerfuffle, we seem to be ignoring what day this is

What day is this?

The working week is at an end. We have cast of the chains of servitude, flicked vees at the oppressors of the working person, pocketed the cash and are free. Free! FREE!!! to cruise the waterways of Britain, fettle our craft, polish our brasses, knurdle our splodcobblers, drink, eat and make merry. Perhaps some fornication if you're lucky

Put aside these petty squabbles and celebrate with me the oneness of this mighty community, all a-joined by our love of canal, boats and all that therein are accumulated

Richard

My glass is empty

I am trying, as do a lot of others, but there are one or maybe two which will not allow it.

Seriously. I dont understand your point. What point are you trying to make with emoticons. It means nothing. Or is this your silly baiting again?

Baiting?

again?

when was this? as in the last time...

What day is this?

Richard

My glass is empty

well said .i will drink to that :cheers: bob

It's a private sector invention...

Casp'

No it's not - it's just something many folk (public or private sector) have managed to escape from...judicious planning...

I am trying, as do a lot of others, but there are one or maybe two which will not allow it.

Baiting?

again?

when was this? as in the last time...

OI! I won't tell you again. Shake hands and make friends, or it's detention for you two.

And if you continue, I'd like to remind you that my dad's biggerer than yourn and he's a policeman too so there.

Now stop it, or you won't get a turn in the sandpit later

Richard

Er point of order Unkle Richard:-

SNIP

Time for a few glasses of wine cos it's Friday :cheers:

Happy Friday to you too :cheers:

(that worky stuff finishes for the summer in 3 weeks for me - woo hoo!)

Er point of order Unkle Richard:-

Happy Friday to you too :cheers:

(that worky stuff finishes for the summer in 3 weeks for me - woo hoo!)

Ange, they aren't listening to me. Will you slap the backs of MJG's and Rod's legs please, then send them to the Norty step

Richard

Guest wanted

What day is this?

Richard

My glass is empty

Wanted heads for the homebrew! Cheers!

G'Gugvuntts and Vl'hurgs

Two species which existed in the distant past, a very great distance from the Milky Way galaxy.

The G'Gugvuntt were enemies of the Vl'hurgs, and these strange and warlike beings are on the brink of an interstellar war, because of an insult uttered by the G'Gugvuntt leader to the mother of the Vl'hurg leader. Resplendent in their black-jeweled battle shorts, they were meeting for the last time, and a dreadful silence filled the air as the Vl'hurg leader was challenging the G'Gugvuntt leader to retract the insult. At the precise moment, the phrase "I seem to be having tremendous difficulty with my lifestyle" (muttered by Arthur Dent to himself, which for some strange reason was carried by a freak wormhole in space back in time to the farthest regions of the universe where the G'Gugvuntts and the Vl'hurgs lived) filled the air over the conference table, which in the Vl'hurg tongue was the most dreadful insult imaginable.

It left them no choice but to declare war on the G'Gugvuntts, which went on for a few thousand years and decimated their entire galaxy.

After millennia of battle the surviving G'Gugvuntt and Vl'hurg realised what had actually happened, and joined forces to attack the Milky Way in retaliation. They crossed vast reaches of space in a journey lasting thousands of years before reaching their target where they attacked the first planet they encountered, Earth. Due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet was swallowed by a small dog. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy states that this sort of thing happens all the time.

Richard

Edited by RLWP