BOAT BROKERS

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

I have no financial or otherwise gain to be made by this post but how good are boat brokers ?. I put my boat for sale with DOM of RUGBY boat sales last year and within 2 weeks he had provided me with one only visit from a cash buyer and the job was done, no stream of tyre kickers just the perfect first customer who bought. My pal put his boat up for sale with DOM day before yesterday and WITHIN 2 HOURS DOM had a buyer and deposit taken. Now I know there are bigger flashier noisier !! brokerage sites out there but just how good are they ?

Tim

I have no financial or otherwise gain to be made by this post but how good are boat brokers ?. I put my boat for sale with DOM of RUGBY boat sales last year and within 2 weeks he had provided me with one only visit from a cash buyer and the job was done, no stream of tyre kickers just the perfect first customer who bought. My pal put his boat up for sale with DOM day before yesterday and WITHIN 2 HOURS DOM had a buyer and deposit taken. Now I know there are bigger flashier noisier !! brokerage sites out there but just how good are they ?

That is why Parglena is being put up for sale with him hope its not quite that quick as I need to pack yet....

Anyone want to buy a "Duker" Barge

Never had to sell a boat but when we were buying Burton Waters were excellent all the way through the buying process. We would certainly use them if we were selling NC as although their fees are a little on the high side they do get a very good price for the boats on their books and they sell a lot of boats like ours.

Never had to sell a boat but when we were buying Burton Waters were excellent all the way through the buying process. We would certainly use them if we were selling NC as although their fees are a little on the high side they do get a very good price for the boats on their books and they sell a lot of boats like ours.

I think that's one of the key things when selling your boat.

Match your broker with the type/value of boats of boat that they usually sell.

Even in the NB sector, different brokers deal with different ends of the market

• 2 weeks later...

Boat finder brokerage,I used them once.Sold the boat but told by the buyer he was already on their books and it still cost me over £5000 without any advertising to do or even showing the buyer round the boat.He was also an arrogant little git!Would not use them again.

Boat finder brokerage,I used them once.Sold the boat but told by the buyer he was already on their books and it still cost me over £5000 without any advertising to do or even showing the buyer round the boat.He was also an arrogant little git!Would not use them again.

Interesting - I purchased a boat through them. It was already under offer to a guy who had to sell a boat through them.......my offer was cash (straight purchase - 'cash on the nail'). They gave the other guy ages to come up with a buyer before my offer was accepted and the sale went through.

I often wonder if the reason was commission to them if the other guy purchased it would have been double that if I bought it...........................

I, and a friend have sold through the Boat Shop in MK, good service and (what was then) a straight fee of £500.

Leo